Sunday, August 29, 2021

Come On B14... Adult Time!

The day Shawn developed a cruise crush??


Katura spent the morning at the Oceaneer Club which meant Shawn and I had all this time to ourselves and no idea what to do. Not having Katura around is something we haven't really experienced since before she was born! So what did we do??


We played BINGO! And who won the very first game of Bingo on this first Disney cruise of 2021? 

ME!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. We weren't sure we were going to play, but we figured we may as well check it out since I've heard it is a lot of fun. It was on Deck 4 in the Evolution lounge. Such a cool setting for sure. It felt like Las Vegas! There were 3 different pricing options based on how many games you wanted to play. I figured to just go big and get us each a set of cards for 4 games. So now that I'm thinking back, was it $40 for the two packs of cards or $40 per pack?? I really think it was $20 per pack, so $40 total for the two of us. My Bingo winnings essentially paid for our drinks and games, so that was a fun way to spend some time!

And this is where Shawn discovered Natasha! Oh my, every time we saw her on the cruise he had to be sure to point it out. Meanwhile I was totally loving adorable Darrelle. I wanted to just keep him. He was so cute! But I guess if I had a cruise crush like Shawn it would have been our server Ikbal. I mean I am a sucker for a charming Indonesian guy after all! 

Natasha and the entire crew there were such a blast. So much fun music, lights, things we would all holler together, the crew dancing for B11, random prizes, our drinks.... My drink was called Papillon ... VeeV Acai Liqeuer, Grand Mariner, Agave Nectar, Ginger, freshly squeezed Lime Juice *served with a souvenir Acai seed bracelet.  Basically I ordered it for the bracelet. But the drink was tasty, too!

After Bingo we went exploring. Shawn said he saw ONE elevator that went all the way to Deck 14. Neither of us even thought about where that would take us. We just found the elevators, got the one that said 14 and went up! Nobody was there. It was small. We saw doors that said Crew Members Only. The Radio Studio was there. And then there were the closed doors. Shawn opened them. Oh my gosh that view!! I was so sure we were going to get caught and sent to detention or something. We had no idea we were IN THE FUNNEL at the front of the ship!! We were in the Overlook Lounge. It was crazy cool! 


So come along with us in this video to see it all play out. 

Would you have lingered in the Overlook area? Would you have bolted quickly like I tried to?

Is Natasha the one you would be fawning over? How about Darrell, isn't he just the cutest thing ever? 

And how about that drink? Would you choose mine drink or the one Shawn got?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº