Saturday, August 28, 2021

Let's Eat ALL The Things

Up next on our behind the scenes of the vlogs blog we are at Enchanted Garden for our first dinner during this first 2021 sailing of the Disney Dream!

It is pretty much common knowledge that I survive off of a few basic food ingredients: pineapple pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches, rice, Cheerios. So what does that mean when we go on a Disney cruise and I am presented with a variety of food options? On this particular night it meant I got Macaroni and Cheese with Steak Fries and Vegetables. And you know what? I don't regret it. It was tasty!

Shawn, on the other hand, tried all the things!

If you haven't done a Disney Cruise basically all of your food is paid for before you cruise. You do pay extra for alcoholic beverages or any type of drinks in the lounge, and for snacks at places like the Cove Cafe or Vanellope's Sweets & Treats. So your dinner is paid for, and what does that get you exactly? Anything you want! Don't want salad? Okay, you don't have to have that. Want more bread? Just ask. Want to have double of the same appetizer? No problem. Want to try THREE main dishes? Well... you can do that, too! And that's just what Shawn did on our first night out! He had ordered two originally, but then he saw what a neighboring table ordered and got the hookup with that food as well.


*I'll add that while I had the kid food on night one I did eat like an adult the rest of the nights, and even I had a second order of a fancy appetizer!!

So you can eat all you want. And you can essentially drink all you want. Noel always made sure we had drinks. I wasn't just drinking my water. I had the Drink of the Day every night AND a Coke. It is a very strange thing to just order whatever. All of this food stuff is well beyond my comfort zone for sure. But I can tell you we had a couple of things that helped with that....

And that is what my favorite part of the dinner experience is. Our servers!! Ikbal and Noel took such great care of us every single night. They knew our drink orders without us even having to say. Ikbal suggested some delicious things for me that I never would have even looked twice at probably. But I trusted him and loved the results! Noel hooked Katura up with some tasty desserts, so she was a fan. Ikbal did magic with Katura that she is still practicing at home! We gave both Ikbal and Noel rave reviews on our survey card and an online survey we got after the cruise. If we could take them on all of our cruises I would. They made it all so much fun!

Also fun was the fact that every night we had a different sort of entertainment. You'll see bits of that throughout this blog as I share the videos. 

So now get your napkin on your lap and enjoy some dinner with us on Deck 2 at Enchanted Garden!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº