Friday, September 10, 2021

This Post Will Make You Jump Around

First off... my dinner on night 2 was sooooo good!! I had tofu and couscous and I cannot wait to have it again on the next cruise! For non-tofu eaters that probably sounds gross. I swear to you if I like it it HAS to be good!

This post will not be all about food though, it is the after party that we sort of crashed. I've crashed weddings and high school reunions, so why not a deck party, too?

After dinner Katura had a reservation for the Oceaneer Club. That meant we adults got to have a night alone again! Typically there are fireworks on Pirate night, but because of the current changes there aren't any official deck parties and no pirate fireworks. BUT they didn't skip the nighttime fun all together. Instead there would be two fireworks presentations, the first one being for those that had first seating at dinner. The next night would be for those of us that had second seating.

The fact that I said I crash things might be the big indicator that we ended up seeing the fireworks BOTH times! It wasn't completely intentional. We were alone and did our typical thing of wandering around the ship. We decided to head up to the pool area and see what was going on. Nobody ever stopped us to make sure we were first seating people, and it was very empty. Next thing we knew a lovely crew member was directing us to our big dot that would be our official spot for the evening. 

We were all socially distanced, and Shawn and I happened to have an awesome dot right along the water on the same side of the ship that the fireworks would be launched. It was the perfect spot! Not only was it the perfect spot for the fireworks, but also for the people watching!

Let's back up.... Prior to this sailing I just knew we would end up on this cruise with "real" YouTube people. Which ones? I didn't know - but I knew there would be some. The one I didn't want to see ended up there, of course, and I kept running into that douche bag everywhere I went. Katura and I kept running into him in November, too. WHY???? Anyhoo... in the health screening tent I glanced over and was like "Hey, I know that dude! Shawn that's the vlogger we saw just before our last cruise working at The Studios!" Of course Shawn, not being shy AT ALL, asked if I wanted to meet him. Um, NO! Dude, I'll just watch from afar and talk about him like a normal person!

Well now here we are on the upper deck and who is right by us? That vlogger! Could Shawn resist? Oh heck no. So the next thing I know we are chatting about how we are all vloggers (psh, I don't count. I'm not famous. I'm just a mom that makes fun videos with my child) and how our daughter loves watching his videos because he always makes people Jump Around and she always wants to jump as well.

And now her parents have officially been in his video doing the whole Jump Around thing (and he's in ours as we jumped). He was disappointed that she was in the Oceaneer Club so they couldn't meet and she couldn't jump. But she is happy to hear our story of that night at the fireworks and see us in someone else's YouTube video!

*Incidentally I saw a parody video of that douche vlogger and who ended up in HIS vlog? ME! Walking to the 5K start line. He's in my video from the same time. You'll see that in the next blog!



See ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº