Tuesday, September 14, 2021

What Do You Do With A Lazy Pirate?

I cannot change the words to that song. I tried. It was so hard! But shall we back up?

Prior to this cruise we did not know if we would have Pirate Night or not. I had done an online chat with a DCL cast member and that person was really not helpful and said there were no deck parties so there wouldn't be a pirate one. Fine. That's not what I asked. Pirate Night is way more than a deck party!! 

It is music in the hallways. It is special photo opportunities. It is our favorite characters dressed up in pirate attire. It is a special menu at dinner. It is all of the dining crew being decked out in pirate attire. The deck party was just one little piece. So being the pirates that we are there was no way I was going to go on this cruise without our pirate attire! I was very happy when I heard our cruise director on the morning report mention there would be pirate activities happening that evening!!

After Castaway Cay (where I raced in my pirate race attire!) we were very excited to get dressed up! First we were in casual dress attire to see one of the stage shows, but once that was done it was time to transform into our true selves.... pirates! Enjoy this little snippet from Wikipedia:

Thomas Tew (died September 1695), also known as the Rhode Island Pirate, was a 17th-century English privateer-turned-pirate. He embarked on two major pirate voyages and met a bloody death on the second, and he pioneered the route which became known as the Pirate Round. Many other infamous pirates followed in his path, including Henry Every and William Kidd.

Like I said, we ARE a pirate family!

And so the party began. So many photos at every spot to get one. And the photos came with sound effects! We even got to see Chip and Dale... which was so awesome because the crew members with them recognized Katura's Uma costume from Descendants and immediately started singing her song together. I loved it! You can hear that at the 2 minute mark of our video. Some photographers even recognized her as Uma!

Our entrance to dinner was quite unforgettable as well. Every dinner should start the way this one did! And dinner itself... that was a nonstop party. A party in my mouth AND all over with the singing and dancing pirates! But dang it how do you expect this pirate wench married to a Navy veteran to switch and NOT sing "drunken sailor" and instead say "lazy pirate"?? It was nearly impossible, but I did it!

We hit the second night of fireworks while Katura was in the Oceaneer Club. Our video doesn't show as much of the party because we were way too busy dancing all night to every single song! And what was Katura doing while we were away? She was hanging out with THE Captain Hook!! Lucky girl!

Pirate Night was one of the big selling points for me before we ever took a Disney cruise, and this night sure did not disappoint! Now if you'll excuse me you can go watch the video and I'm going to continue figuring out our next sailing's outfits! Yaarrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº