Friday, March 28, 2014

Viva Las Ragnar


And here it is.... the beginning of the major procrastination. I am supposedly packing for the So Cal Ragnar Relay via fabulous Las Vegas. Really? Am I REALLY packing if I am sitting at my computer listening to iTunes and blogging? In my defense I hardly ever blog anymore and I'm officially on vacation, so I'm allowed to slack! Technically I am working on MF's race shirts and hooking him up with some pirate action, so I am preparing in my own way!


My spare bed is covered with all things Ragnar. Not just tech clothes and gels, but eye patches, bandannas, pom poms, a pirate hat, sword and much more along those lines. I may not have been able to train at all (thank you, Meniere's Disease), but dang it my mind is so ready that I know I'll pull through and do my best! *With regard to Meniere's ... I gave in, bought a cane and I'm nearly over feeling embarrassed about it. Now I just joke that I am some old lady that will defend everybody by shaking her cane around. I'm hoping to find one that is ME when I'm in Vegas! I have multiple packing lists to check off and I am seriously hoping I do not forget to add the Girl Scout cookies. I feel that is a must-have item if you are going to be running and living in a van with 5 other people for a couple days. The other day I realized I am the only person in Van 1 who has actually met all the other members in person before. I'm such a social butterfly!

Gpa and I in Vegas the night before my wedding.
With Vegas coming in just a couple of days I am trying to take care of important things... i.e. what rewards do I want to get from the myVegas game on facebook. So far I have us lined up for a trip to the Minus 5 ice bar at the Monte Carlo. I'm pretty excited about that since not only will I be there with Man Friend, but also my mom, step-dad AND my 87 year old grandpa! This is Grandpa's THIRD trip to Vegas in less than a year's time. We actually went to Las Vegas together back when I was in college and still had braces and wasn't old enough to drink. He and I took my Grandma and pushed her in a wheel chair up and down the Strip. It was pretty fun. I was flattered with a person at the MGM Grand thought I worked there and asked where the Baccarat tables were! I blame my incredibly awesome pant suit that I bought for my professional attire when I went on my first Disney internship. Anyway... Man Friend will be celebrating his birthday in Vegas, so I'm thinking we should find something fun and different to do for him. As it is we get to start out his day by having breakfast at Margaritaville! Fins up!!

I think that's it. My feet smell. I should probably go wash them. And maybe I will use this Sharpie to label my Ragnar clothes bags... because of course I gave way too much thought into what I was wearing for each leg.

Why are you still reading? I'm done! I'M ON VACATION!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº