Saturday, June 9, 2018

Tales From the Turntable: Party FAIL!

March 2, 2002 is a night I will NEVER forget.... even though I wish I could!

Maybe we needed a break from Pleasure Island and House of Blues. Maybe we just needed to really party hard. Maybe we needed a night out in downtown Orlando?

And so it began. We gathered at my apartment ... mostly girls ... Yuli, Kimberly, Moniq and myself. We got all dolled up in our nightlife clothes and began to have some drinks before we left. We were money conscious, right?!? Pre-game before paying a ton of money in a night club?

Here you can get a little glimpse of my apartment. That is a little alcove with my dining room table in it. I still have that table, only it is now in the Man Cave and decorated in artwork by a little toddler of mine! And that would be Moniq in my GAP beret leaning up against Kim!


Also in attendance were two guys. One we don't mention, blech, and the super cute one in pale blue is Mike. I adored him and took care of him during his entire college program internship. Mike was the underage member of our group... and part of our reason for drinking BEFORE going out. I mean he couldn't be left out of all the fun, right?

After a hearty amount of partying in my apartment we were loading ourselves in my car. The boys took the front since the one was our designated driver and the other was Mike. We four girls squished in the back seat. And off to downtown Orlando we went .... or so we thought.

Kim kept trying to hit on Mike from the back seat. He was completely ignoring her because he wasn't even coherent enough to comprehend where he was. We started to get nervous. He started to behave strange. Uncomfortable. Oh no, was he getting sick? And then it happened.

We were on I-4, well away from Disney property, beyond the Universal Studios area, closing in on the heart of Orlando. In the backseat we were hot. I mean we had four girls back there in Florida humidity. So our window was open trying to survive. But then Mike opened his window. 

And then he threw up. He threw up out the window on I-4 going 65ish miles per hour. And where did that vomit go?? Right to the backseat ALL OVER US GIRLS!! It was foamy. It was hot. It smelled awful.

We never made it to our destination. Once he was emptied of the stomach contents along the side of the freeway we began our return back to Disney property. Having 3 members of our party being Vista Way residents we were able to get signed in so we could deliver him to his apartment. It was like carrying a warm, sweaty carcass up the stairs. We got him to his couch and stayed around as long as we could to make sure he was okay and going to be taken care of. (Vista Way has a visitor curfew.)


Mike woke up the next morning with a popcorn kernel embedded in his forehead.

My car never smelled good again. I ended up trading it in for a new one. 


 ºoº See ya real soon!

**If anyone knows of Mike's whereabouts, please let me know. That was my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº