Thursday, October 5, 2017

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That


Hello loyal readers and friends!

My blog has writer's block!! After such a long run of all the fun Disney posts from 20 years ago I have come to this wall and don't know what I should force down your throats! So here is some randomness of what is actually going on in my current life as a 38 year old -- for almost another month anyway.




  • If you want to read about my first Walt Disney World College Program experience, you can click here, or up at the top of the screen is the shortcut to the list of stories.
  • I've been asked if I will write about the rest of my adventures in Disney, and maybe I will. That one is harder since I was there for so long and worked in a multitude
  • of roles, all based out of Disney's Animal Kingdom. And I didn't keep a journal like I did in 1997. I just lived. Ha, I barely eeked by living paycheck to paycheck..... which is the biggest reason I am now an Oregonian again!
  • Facebook friends will know this, I had to say good bye to my Tinker Bell this week. I first met her when she was so tiny and fit in the palm of my hand. A guy had gotten this little kitty for his girlfriend in an attempt to save their failing relationship. They broke up and neither could take the kitten. I had never had a cat before and didn't want this sweet little thing to have to go to the pound, so I said I would be her mommy. And for 17 years that little cat and I were sidekicks, pretty much always attached. I let her hog my bed anytime she wanted. We traveled across the country together twice, visiting 13 states! In Nashville she escaped and ran around the entirety of our motel. I was freaking out, hoping she wouldn't hide and be gone forever. Obviously I caught her! In Orlando she and I went outside together in three different hurricanes just to say we did it! My house feels a little quiet without her since she was quite the talker. You never wondered if Tinker Bell was around because if she was, she was talking to you!
  • My mom is officially unemployed retired. Today she painted her toenails. Living the life!
  • I've been doing a major cleaning project, going through boxes of things I haven't seen in 5 years when Shawn initially moved into my little cottage with me. When we moved into our house everything was shoved aside and out of my thoughts. I was on a search for my old Disney things, and my boxes emerged from the Man Cave attic and into my house. So I've been doing an insane amount of cleaning, sorting, storing, tossing, donating and reminiscing. It's been pretty fun!
  • I've started registering for races again. I've been doing the smaller ones every since Katura was born, and got in my annual 10K last month, but now I'm ready for the biggies again!! 13.1 miles is my happy place and I am excited to work back up to that for next Spring!
  • It is football season, which means Saturdays in Corvallis for the home Oregon State University football games. The team is not good this year, but I don't care. I go for the fun with my family and the atmosphere. I love my old campus. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! Unfortunately not everyone is a decent person, or even polite. And that person that has no sense of being kind to your fellow human crossed my path at the last game. He is always a grumpy old cuss, but I am always polite. He sits on the end of the row, while I am dead center. So when I need to get by I am always very nice and try to quickly get through so I can not be a disruption and not be next to his grumpy attitude. At half time I had to go back to the tailgate to change a baby diaper. Upon my return, Shawn and Katura went to our seats and I stopped to go potty. I'm not even sure if the game had really started by the time I got back. At most maybe they had just had the initial kick off. I got to my row and the jerk was blatantly ignoring me. Here I am, holding a little baby food bag, and all smiles. I started to stick my foot forward a little, not touching him or even getting it in the row yet, but in an attempt to get his attention. I said, "Excuse me, I just need to sneak through." And what did he do? He mumbled grumpily at me, refused to look, and stuck his arm out and pushed me. He was seated, I was standing. His hand and arm went right where you should NOT be touching another person! I regained my footing and VERY loudly told him to NOT ever touch me again. I shifted my balance, preparing to go to my seat and that asshole did it again! And this point I was in his face. I can't even remember what I said because I was seeing red. This complete strange has now just pushed me in the places I tell my daughter are private... not once, but TWICE! He essentially got the big FU to his face, loudly, in front of everyone. And I directed enough anger at his wife and friend that were with him. They are just going to sit there and pretend this man didn't just do that? Well FU, too! I saw the man that sits behind him have words with him, in my favor. I was so disgusted and mad that I was done. I didn't even finish the 3rd quarter before going home. I left out the other end of the row, but part of me wishes I would have gone back the same way and Oops, oh I'm sorry, did my knee get you just wrong when I was getting by because you won't let me through? But I took the high road.... after tweeting his disgusting ass for the world to see.



  • I'm currently watching Disney Jr, because that is all we watch, and it is Whisker Haven. One of the cats just said "wickedly". I can't even hear that word without hearing John Travolta say "Wickedly talented Adel Dazeem." 
  • That last bullet point was random. It's what I do.
  • I have no other babble. I exhausted myself venting about that jerk. I'm going to end this now and go rearrange the litter box situation now that I am down to only one animal in my home who, fortunately, is NOT geriatric!
  • Whoa, and now a commercial for Frozen on Disney Jr and "Adel Dazeem" is singing!
Anything you desire me to babble about or share stories of now that the big series is over??


1 comment:

  1. Your trips across the country sound interesting. Also know in your heart I would be in jail if I saw anyone pussy punch you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº