Tuesday, May 19, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Day 13.

Date: September 22, 1997. 
Places: Pecos Bill's Cafe. My First Day Of Work!
People: Kim, Michelle, Marcy, Joe, Jody, Juan, Jamie, David, Zaira, Thorston, Mommy, Dad
SightsPecos' freezer with "snow", behind the condiment curtain 
Dining: Grilled cheese sandwich with Doritos
Lodging: Vista Way
Expenses: $6 - Walgreens: food

I remember this day. I can tell you this - in case I didn't journal it - I spent time in the bathroom downstairs crying. My dream of working for Disney was happening and for a while it was awful and the biggest disappointment!

Visiting the counter I spent so many hours working - 2005
Aagh!! My 1st day of work. Glad it's done. Before lunch wasn't that bad. I opened, which includes: making iced tea (regular & sweer), getting cups into their places, stocking salades & dressing & getting oriented.

Here we go.....

Pecos Bill Cafe 1997
I'm working the counters, so I was put doing the drinks. STRESS!! This bleached blond kept treating me like I was an idiot. (I'd like to note that I had just finished working at the movie theater. If there was one thing I could do fast it was make drinks!) I called my Mommy during lunch from the tunnel.

And it gets worse - that sounds not bad at all, other than bitchy woman with awful hair!

After lunch was horrid. The customers (Guests) were cranky & some old guy named Richard yelled at me for everything. My dream of working for the Big Cheese resulted in tears. I was given a short break & got to switch jobs.

It was then that I was in the bathroom crying and de-stressing. Before I went off stage a manager came out to see what was going on. She had me turn around and see that I was actually ahead of the kitchen with my drinks and assured me I was doing awesome and shouldn't be getting yelled it.

Kim (my trainer) let me tag along. We filled napkins, straws, lids, silverware, sugar, salt, changed ketchup, etc... cleaned and picked up trays. I even got to answer some Guest questions & do the Disney point. Mary & Joe were working so I talked to them. For the most part, everyone was nice to me. Jody, whom I rode on the bus with in the a.m., & I rode home together.
The new and improved topping bar - 2006

Clearly I practiced some forgiveness from the days before.... at least momentarily....

Juan showed up at the bus stop. We got to talk for 30 minutes while waiting for the Vista Way bus. I sat by him on the bus & invited him to Blizzard Beach.

That didn't happen, FYI. Who would want to go to a water park with an anorexic redneck anyway.

This next batch is just word vomit. Boring statement after boring statement!
David called so I let him come over. Dad called. Zaira, David and I went to Walgreens so I could get grilled cheese fixins. (What?!? I wrote "fixins"?? Pecos Bill and Frontierland was already a party of me!) Zaira has a date now with Thorston (from German). Danielle called & told me she met Dan Ackroyd last night at the House of Blues. I'm home alone tonight. It's kind of nice, but kind of lonely.
Pecos still busy in 2006
I got to see the start of the Remember the Magic parade during work. Everyone was going to let me go outside and watch, but I felt weird doing that, so I passed. this job may kill me!

2019 - can't stay away!
Spoiler alert... it gets better! I did NOT quit the program early. And I still stop at Pecos Bill Cafe every time I'm in the Magic Kingdom - even during a race. I HAVE to stop. That day may have sucked for a bit, but Pecos will always be special to me. So many fun memories that we have left to discover via this journal!

Tomorrow we leave Magic Kingdom and hit Blizzard Beach for my first ever water park experience!

~ See ya real soon! º0º ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº