Friday, May 29, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 38-39.

Date: October 17-18, 1997. 
Places: Pecos Bill Cafe, Orlando suburbs
People: Kevin, Joe, Carlos, Dan, Jamie, roommates, Vinny
Sights: Outskirts of Orlando, Universal Studios entrance
Dining: Grilled cheese/fries
Lodging: Vista Way
Expenses$2 - new name tag


I forgot to take my name tag off of my costume one night. Every night you turn in your costume for washing. Mine was washed. I got it back - in not perfect condition! BUT this meant I had to get a new name tag that apparently is $2.00. 


Pretty uneventful days. Friday I called in & Kevin said I could come in at 3 instead of 1. You may recall I had gone to bed at 6:30am the "night" before due to our obscene caller and the sheriff's department visiting us. 8pm came very fast. I talked to Vinny & he invited me to Halloween Horror Nights for Saturday. I said I'd go. WHY?? Why didn't this happen??? I'm so bummed. I LOVE HHN. That would have been the best!
Pecos after the 1998 remodel
Okay, Saturday. Ricardo wasn't at work. Instead he was having a baby. Carlos was at work, but for some reason he was a jerk to me all day. He was moody now that I think about it! After my lunch break Jamie & I were condiment bar. Gary had been on it before us, if that means everything. Seriously he was the worst!! He looked like DJ from Roseanne. Just as annoying, too. Nothing was stocked, everything ran out it was dirty, things were overflowing with ketchup, may & mustard. We could have killed him. Jamie hurried & stocked & I prepped forks, spoons & knives. By the time we could put in the knife there were 3 left inside the condiment bar.
Eventually we had everything normal & looking good. Carlos just kept coming in and telling us what to do. We didn't realize he was on condiment bar, too, or we'd have made him work, too. At 5:10 we walked. That's what we called it when we would start our trek back toward the Fantasyland area of the tunnel before we clocked out. First I had to get sentimental with Dan. Joe took Jamie & I home. He told me he'd take me shoe shopping, so I went with him. (I needed shoes for working in the kitchen.) The deal: I go out with him & his friends, he takes me shoe shopping. 
Well, I don't have new shoes. We ended up over 20 miles away from Orlando. He could tell I was tired & bored, so he brought me home. I felt like we were just driving through flat, boring farmland all night. I was not happy. I remember this so well. I mean we never even made it to any party or anything! On the way, he confessed how he likes me - he thought I knew. I was speechless. When I got home, Marcy was sleeping. I woke her up and we called Charles (in Oregon), ate, and looked at pictures. Then, to bed. See, I said these 2 days were dull. I don't lie.
Why didn't Vinny and I do Halloween Horror Nights? Neither of us know. Maybe we didn't see each other prior and he didn't get my number that day we talked about it, so it just didn't happen? It's a mystery.


 ~ See ya real soon! º0º ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº