Sunday, May 31, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 44-46.

Date: October 23-25, 1997. 
Places: Downtown Disney (Westside, PI, Marketplace), Pecos Bill Cafe, Wendy's
People: Danielle, Marcy, Sarah, Luis, Dan, Ryan, Bassi, Jamie, Jamie, Carlos, Vinny, Ricardo, Zach, Holli, Quame, David, Juan, Joe x2, Brenda, Sarah (from bus stop)
Sights: Inside AMC Theaters (I Know What You Did Last Summer), Cast gas station
Dining: Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese & fries, Spaghetti Os & crackers, Pizza Hut
Lodging: Vista Way
Expenses: dress (PI), movie & Coke (AMC), shirt (PI), $9 lapel pin (Marketplace), $3 cab, $1.85 food in Fantasyland

Wow - 3 days in one journal page. I see some emotional drama from a roommate, and the name of a certain someone is popping up a lot. Yay! Let's see what all went down on this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Thursday, Danielle & I went to Downtown Disney. I saw Juan at the bus stop & he actually gave me a double take! He did. Trust me, I was stunned, too. I had just been given a makeover by Danielle. She basically tried to do everything to me I had never done before... hair, make-up - girly stuff I never learned. Danielle taught me A LOT. I'm just gonna leave that there. At PI we went clothes shopping & I got a new dress (A Very Brady dress). Yeah, totally referencing the Brady Bunch! Eventually we made it to AMC & watched "I Know What You Did Last Summer."
That was a blast. We were so tense and completely into it. Pretty sure this is the same time that I realized I left my clothes in the dryer at Vista Way. The people working the Planet Hollywood gift shop let me use the house phone so I could call our apartment and have a roomie salvage my clothes. Clothes were known to go missing from those washers & dryers.

Then we went to the Marketplace. Danielle spent most of the time complaining & crying about a Tinker Bell costume. I'm not exaggerating. She was legit CRYING. And she pronounced it "coshtume." really heavy on the "eum" sound. She wanted a costume for her niece, Ava. Why do I remember her name?? Oh, because I heard it so much while she was crying. We ended up taking a taxi home.  
I had to try hard to convince everyone to go to PI & we didn't get to leave until 12:30am. (I don't think I missed a single Thursday at Pleasure Island. It was Cast Member night ... that means FREE!) Once there they were all crabby. I said Ryan & he said "Hi" to me & did the hand grab thing. Talked to Dan for a while - like always. Bassi & David were there. 

Friday, my 2nd day at Pecos' kitchen, wasn't that bad. I did hot dog/chicken window and after my break (spent with Sarah) I did nothing. Laundry, closed window, ITF. (Ice, trays, floors). Vinny gave me a ride home. ah, what a cutie! Marcy drove Joe's car home - she said he was crabby. Vinny, Zach (the Dork's roommate) & I stopped at Wendy's on the way home & I got to listen to Dr. Dre & Tupac. Aaah, listening to my kind of music I never really got to hear when I was in Florida... until Vinny!

Saturday I finally got to see Ricardo again. I had a coughing attack at work - which sent me sweating for the rest of the day. I got to see my Carlos, finally. He had the biggest smile when he saw me. Holli (she went to high school with my cousin, Paul!) & I requested ERs. Dan & Marcy got ''em 1st, then me; I don't know if Holli got one ever. When I was off, I talked to Vinny for 45 minutes, at least, before going home. He walked me nearly the whole way to wardrobe. I'm amazed he can be normal. (Hi Vinny! Pretend you didn't read that, mmkay?) 

I sat at the bus stop for an hour since I just missed a bus, then one didn't come get us. The buses seriously sucked. We spent soooo much time sitting there waiting. Juan was at the bus stop with me, but someone gave him a ride home. I met this girl, Sarah, at the bus stop. She was there for a long time, so we talked the whole time. It made our wait go by faster.
Marcy & I tried to sleep, but we couldn't, so we had Pizza Hut and watched "Halloween". Our house was filled with tension so thick you could cut it. Danielle was obnoxious & yelling about everything. She doesn't understand relaxing around the house. At the end of the night (drunk as ever) she came in our room on a rampage. She was going off on Marcy & I for no reason. Ego? Self pity? I don't know.



In the future Marcy and I knew to lock our door! We took shelter in our room a few times... with our ears up to the door to hear the drama happening on the other side!



Remember that budding romance I mentioned?? Brace yourself for the next post!


 ~ See ya real soon! º0º ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº