Friday, May 15, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 3-5.

Date: September 12-14, 1997. 
Places: Vista Way, Walmart Super Store, Florida Mall
People: my roommates, Alejandro, David, Elizabeth, Mustafa, Rob, Kyle, Mike, Dave or Steve, Josh
SightsMedieval Times by Walmart, Sea World on the way to Florida Mall
Dining: 1st group dinner, dinner with Alejandro, David & Elizabeth
Lodging: Vista Way - of course
Expenses$28 - food & poster at Walmart, $4 - AP magazine

September 12th sounds so boring now!
Sept 12. Marcy, Danielle & Sarah joined me at the pool today - our 1st trip. That night Zaira cooked us all spaghetti for our 1st group dinner.  Everyone had their camera out so we'll never forget that monumental night. Marcy and I were nice enough to make the bread. Yummy! Later that night the 4 Americans went for a walk about the Vista Way parking lot, but not much was going on. Kyle, Rob, Dave & Mike came over (which is when we met). Josh (from LSU and our building) invited us to a party. We all slept.
Seriously? We weren't even working yet and we chose to sleep instead of go to a party in our own building??

Danielle, Brenda, Zaira, Sarah, Ronda, Marcy.
The next day's highlight was David and Alejandro (Zaira & Brenda's friends) coming over for Puerto Rican dinner. David made me eat rice & beans. Earlier we played basketball with him.
This is so embarrassing. I called Alejandro "muy guapo". He was. I stand by it.  According to my notes Sarah and I both agreed on this! Apparenty I was up until 8am and then woke up at 11am to start my next day. NO SLEEP!

Elizabeth, Zaira, Alejandro and David
Elizabeth, Zaira, Sarah, David & I went to the Florida Mall in Zaira's rental car. David & I shopped together, Sarah on her own, and the other 2 were together.

Why?? Why do I need these minute, pointless details?? Does it matter how we got there? Or who shopped with whom??

At this huge shoe store Zaira left the lights on, so we had to have the car jump started.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I should also not be surprised that I wrote it down. Honestly I have no memory of this.

We went grocery shopping at Walmart one day and I got Marcy and I a No Doubt poster and one of Leonardo DiCaprio from Romeo and Juliet. Now our bedroom walls shouldn't be too bare.

I loved those posters. I eventually added one from the 25th Anniversary Celebration, but other than that our walls stayed pretty darn empty. My side of the room had the personality!



All in all those few days proved to be rather uneventful. Perhaps the lack of sleep caught up with me! Walmart was far away. We only went a couple of times. It was my first ever time in a Walmart actually! When I moved back to Orlando for good I went to that one a lot.... because I was poor. That's what ya do!

In the next post we finally hit Disney!! I meet a lot of new people, finally see Cinderella's Castle (to much disappointment) and get to explore the infamous Utilidor!


 ~ See ya real soon! º0º ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº