Sunday, May 24, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 20-21.

Date: September 29-30, 1997

Places: Pecos Bill's, Vista Way 
People: Roommates, Josh, Carlos, Carlos, Joe, my Friend 
Sights
Dining: Spaghetti O's, crackers & peanut butter, Fritos, banana 
Lodging: Vista Way 
Expenses: $20 - pictures & food at Walgreens



All I can say is ... I just really love New Kids on the Block. Okay, here we go with days 20 and 21. Only 3 weeks into this program!
Tuesday was one of the funnest days I've had at work. Joe put Little Cleaver that's me on the condiment bar. I doddled around until 3 so I could watch the parade.  I can tell you that after all of my years, I always felt the giddy feelings when the parades would go by or characters would pass through - even though they terrified me. Little Carlos came & helped me. We talked and now he wants to marry me - for my $$$. HA!! FYI he was much older than me and possibly already married? All in good fun, I swear! He smelled very good today - cutie patootie!
After my lunch break I saw my friend, Ricardo. You know him as Smell Good Guy. I only got to talk to him for about 5 minutes, but now I think he is younger than originally suspected. Big Joe & I did drinks together. He said I could borrow his PI card whenever I want. It gets me in free any night with a guest. I never borrowed it.
Tonight is an "E Ticket" night, meaning guests can stay longer at the park. That's why I worked 'til 12:30 (1/2 hour earlier than planned). I closed with 2 other CPs, so we had stuff in common - Vista Way, etc... Everybody was just really cool today. I was stupid - while fixing hot tea, I burnt my hand - OUCH!! Of course I did. This wasn't the last time I would hurt myself at Pecos!
And now I have what looks like an incredibly lame day off alone at Vista Way! When you have no money and no vehicle of your own, you don't really go do a lot if your friends are busy at work. 
Monday I had a day off since I switched with Erica. I went to Walgreen's & paid $20 for reprints of Sarah's pictures - overpriced? Yes. Get ready for Earth shaking news:  I had Spaghetti O's for lunch with some saltines. Seriously, the things I documented crack me up! Danielle called - she's still alive. The world has called her in the past two days.
I don't even know what this means. The "World" meaning Disney? Like her job? Or just "the world" meaning other things and she chose that over her apartment? No clue.
Luis came over - like usual. Oh no - this is a rebellious 18 year old girl moment .... I was bad and had my second wine cooler since I've been here. We all got to watch ice skating at night - nobody good, though. 
Here's Luis & Zaira
Oh my gosh, for the sake of myself and my roommates I am leaving out the next section. It is so embarrassing! Just, yeah... Moving on....

Sarah & I - the good girls of 3101!
I only had to talk to David for about 30 secs. Shocking! I have no idea what this is referencing at all. I mean 30 seconds is super short for him and I, but what were we talking about? This isn't even related to what I have censored. Bizarre. But dang it I wrote down I had saltines, so there's the important stuff!?! Dad called & we talked for a while. I called my mommy & she's excited because she just got her vacation at the travel agency. She & Rexie are coming for a whole week! I was good & sent Grandma, Jim & Christine birthday cards.
This next part makes me laugh. I still know this smell.
Aaaghh!! I can't get the smell of Pecos Bill's out of my nose. By the way, I saw a sign & it is really Pecos Bill Cafe - not Bill's. Huh. 
On the way home from work on Tuesday, I had to call the bus company - they never stopped at 12:05 like they were supposed to. On the bus, I met this guy from Boston. After telling him about Oregon, I convinced him I knew Boston by saying the New Kids on the Block are from there. Turns out the guy, Justin, knows them. Did he though?!?! I invited him over any time to tell Danielle and I all about the New Kids. He never came over. He also asked if we had paved roads in Oregon. Yeah, he asked. I replied that we even have toilets INSIDE our houses now.
Marcy & I went to Walgreens. When we came back, Brenda told me that he had just stopped by with 2 other guys - Ronda had guys other than David stop by? Woohoo! So, Chris Who??? called at 2:45am. Marcy told him not to cal so late & that Danielle probably won't call him back. Way to go, Marcy!!
I swear living at Vista Way and being a CP in general, you meet so  many people. They just come and go - like Boston Justin. But there those that come and they stick! David, Sarah, and Cristina have all been to my house here in Oregon. Heck, David has been here multiple times and even met my daughter! And maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll get to see Sarah next February?!?! So glad I was brave and moved across the country so I could meet all of these crazy people and make lifelong friends!

Preview for the next post: I start my required classes as a Walt Disney World College Program participant AND ... FIONA APPLE!!!

  ~ See ya real soon! º0º ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº