Wednesday, June 17, 2009

15 Minute Babble: Much Ado About Nothing

Graduation. It happens every year in every town in America. June - the time stores are covered in lame cardboard decorations that say "ConGRADulations". Most of us graduate. I did. Three times - kindergarten, high school, university. If you're reading this I bet you did, too. Now that we've established that fact, can we do this one little thing?? Shut up About the Damn Graduation!!

I am so over hearing everyone talking about graduation like it is THE social event of the year that only "they" are special enough to go to; like it is the only thing going on; like I am supposed to care about it. This goes hand in hand with high school sports. Everywhere you go around here people talk about the high school teams like we are all supposed to really care and be as interested as the soccer moms are. I used to care ... when I was IN high school. After June 2, 1996 I stopped caring.

News Flash: There are much more important things going on that aren't associated with school functions. So please, keep your lame conversations between yourself and your nail technician. I don't think there is a single nail gal in town that doesn't care about everything related to the Roseburg Public Schools or latest white trash events at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. I am not a nail person. Don't tell me anymore about graduation. You're not special, you're kid isn't special, you're neighbor isn't special.... and the majority of us just don't care!! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº