Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekly Run-Cap: Skirts, Tanks and Sunshine?

Run 31.9: 55 degrees, sun, clear skies. This was supposed to be a normal run on my regular route. I didn't have work that day so it was nice to just feel free to do whatever. You know what I wasn't free to do?? Run my regular route! That asshole dog was back!!!!! I got in my desired distance but had to zig zag through what are essentially long driveways. It made for a not fun ending when you have half a mile and are looking at your house wondering where to make up the distance. But I got it in!

I missed a couple days of running due to again, more annoying Meniere's issues and being too dizzy to even sit upright on my own. I keep making progress and then dang it, knocked back down again.

Run 31.10: 61 degrees, short sleeves, skirt. I had no goal. I took off running and suddenly it was like "oh hey, we are going to do some speed work!" ... so I just went with it. Nothing spectacular to report. I cut it a bit shorter since I knew the next day was going to be long. It felt rather nice to just go out there and give it my all and survive!

Run 31.11: 63 degrees, a tank top, skirt and wonderful views! This was supposed to be a long run in honor of Steve Prefontaine's birthday. Supposed to being the key part of that sentence. I was enjoying myself so much. The views were so nice, perfect weather... it was just me, some cows and sheep, and very few humans. But I was only 1.7 in when my trusty Meniere's had other plans.  I had to start walking more than I care to... but when I saw my final pace at the car I was shocked! So I guess my running is getting faster and I didn't even know it. Woo!

On this run I learned how to get 20 sheep to run together ... and then is, just breathe and run by. Then I learned how to get them to freeze and stare .... just pause your Garmin so it makes that little beep! Simple things amuse me on a run!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº