Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Run 1.59 - Dresses and a Run!!

I kind of forgot that I ran again! And then I forgot to blog it. Oops! Clearly I've got wedding on the brain and not marathon. I'd say that will change soon, but who are we kidding? Let's just get the wedding planning stuff out of the way here now and get to the running.

  • The bridesmaids seem to be just as excited as I am! It's been constant dialogue sharing ideas and speculating on what the dresses will end up looking like.
  • September 22nd I am officially dress shopping with my mom and the girls (J & J as I like to call them). So exciting!! A bonus of this is that it is my first big event in the planning process AND the first time J & J will meet -- but I think they are already hitting it off, thank you facebook!
  • I picked a date!!! Once I know the venue is available I'll reveal ~ and for those that know me the date might not be all that shocking?
  • I've narrowed it down to 3 different venues. No, MF and I narrowed it down! We were buried deep in all of that last night and as I type this he is making some phone calls!

And now the running! I unintentionally had a big hiatus, but now I'm back! Sunday MF and I went out for our long run. I'd been having some Meniere's troubles over the last couple of days, so I wasn't as steady on my feet as I'd hoped. We turned our 10 miler into 5. That actually felt fine to me. It took a couple miles to loosen up and get back in my groove. Those miles felt pretty sluggish. Suddenly though, the unexpected happened. "There's my girl!" I heard from MF who was now a half step behind me. It's like all gears were in motion and I was back to 9:30 with no trouble at all. It felt so good to get over the slump and back into my rhythm!

I was happy with the 5. I mean it was shorter than planned, but it was still more than 0. This week we have it pretty easy, which is good. Saturday is the Prefontaine Memorial 10K .... aka the toughest course I've ever raced. This will be my 3rd year in a row and I'm hoping to improve upon my prior two performances. Last year I could have had a course PR had I not started throwing up at mile 4. I finished within seconds of my time from 2010, which told me really I did run better in 2011. So we'll see what 2012 has in store!

And finally, it is September 11th. If you didn't remember that just go to FB and you'll see 1,000,000 posts about it. I'm not going to blog it, but I will mention the fundraiser I was doing for Active Heroes. If you wanted to contribute it goes through midnight tonight (the link is to the right). We all had a goal of raising $911. I feel thrilled that as of this morning I raised $500 to help families that lost loved ones on that terrible day! That's $500 more than I've ever raised for anything in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº