Saturday, June 6, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 80-83.

Date: November 29 - December 2, 1997 
Places: Pecos Bill Cafe, Downtown Disney, Planet Hollywood, Epcot
People: Vinny, roommates, Mom, Rexie, Dan, Holli, Victor
Sights: MOMMY!!
Dining: Grilled cheese/fries @ Fantasyland & Planet Hollywood
Lodging: Vista Way, Travel Lodge
Expenses


Look at that - finally a different setting for my lodging! And finally my mom was there for her first ever visit to Walt Disney World!
To be honest, I don't remember Saturday. Vinny worked, so he took me home - & he probably didn't get home on time.
Sunday I got to shadow Michelle. I had fun wearing my business clothes & taking food temperatures, adding hours, working on Excel and paying people. Little did I know that I would finish my time at Disney working in business clothes and paying people! Some kid asked me if I was a new Supervisor. Yeah right! After work, Vinny & I went to WestSide for a while & then we had our 1/2 hour good bye. 
Meet Victor!

Monday was nice. I did not close at work. I got to go on a tray run at night & do Mile Long Bar during the day. One guy even gave me a scraper! (Seriously, the things I got excited about.... thermometers and scrapers. Who am I?!?) We had a fire in the kitchen in the broiler master & poor victor had a fry thing fall on his head. 

Tuesday - Mommy came! Work seemed to last forever. [Back up. Monday night Vinny picked me up & he came back to my place. Sarah called while he was here. We had a fun night - look at new pictures & of course you know I'm going to censor things as per usual.Holli & I didn't get breaks until 4pm. I thought we were way behind schedule during closing, but we were done on time! 

Vinny picked me up, brought me to Vista Way & then to the Travelodge. Mom's 1st flight was delayed, so she  missed her 2nd. (Okay, so my mom has always  been unlucky with flights. Remember this if you ever travel with her. You heard it here!) She got here when I got home from work. Vinny was so cute & nervous, but you could tell he was relieved when he saw her. He said, That's your mom?!?" He thought she was my sister. (No wonder she still likes you!) 

We talked for a while & then my boy went home & Mom, Rexie (her friend) & I went to Downtown Disney. I saw Dan & Eric ice skating, so they all got to meet. Mom thought he seemed nice & funny. He was. Dan was seriously the raddest fellow CP that I was able to work with nearly every day. We had dinner at Planet Hollywood. I saw an Anthony Hopkins outfit! I showed them around WestSide, but all the shops were closed. On the way back, Mom heard a mouse/rat in the Marketplace & one big, black rat crossed our path on the way back to the hotel. Rexie didn't see it, but she thinks it was a squirrel. No. I heard it scurry & squeak, plus I saw it. 


I'm so exhausted & it's only Mom's 1st few hours here. I'm going to need a vacation after their vacation.


How old do I sound at the end of this one? Did I suddenly become 40 over night?? For the next post - NO Pecos Bill Cafe!! Just living like a tourist for a few days!


 ~ See ya real soon! º0º ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº