Thursday, June 11, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Where's That?

As I have said before, when I got to Central Florida I was expecting to see Walt Disney World right away. I lived in a Disney apartment complex, so surely I'd be able to easily see the theme parks, right?!? When I went to Pleasure Island for on our first night I looked all over for the Castle during our drive - it was nowhere to be seen. THEN I expected to hop on a boat to get to the Island. Also, very wrong. I walked over bridges. I still remember the anticipation I had during my Traditions bus ride to the Magic Kingdom. I saw Spaceship Earth to my left on the drive and was in awe. Well, if you haven't been there you might be like I was with no idea of what is where.... So I created this post to give a layout of "my" land -- meaning where I spent my time!


Was I far from home? Couldn't have gone much farther. Portland to Chicago to Orlando to San Francisco to Portland!



Welcome to Central Florida! 
         Lime green - the airport, where I began and ended this adventure!
         Aqua - Vista Way. My home.
         Purple - Downtown Disney. My Thursday night home.
         Red - Magic Kingdom
         Yellow - Universal Studios






Let's get a closer look at the Disney stuff!
         Red - Magic Kingdom and where our bus dropped us of/Cast parking lot
         Lime - Downtown Disney -  WestSide, Pleasure Island & Marketplace
         Blue - Vista Way
         Yellow - Walgreens






What will always be my home... Frontierland!
        Yellow - Pecos Bill Cafe & Mile Long Bar, R.I.P.
        Red Xs - my hot dog cart locations
        Aqua X - the Turkey Wagon location







And last, my real home, the land of so many infamous CP tales, Vista Way.
        Yellow - building 31, my building
        Red - the pavilion with parties
        Purple - the Clubhouse (near pool #1)
        Aqua - Pool #2, where the cool kids went!
        Purple outside of Vista Way - where I was picked up and dropped off
        Lime - the path I walked from 3101 to Walgreen's and Wendy's


In all of these maps so much is different than it was in 1997. Things used to exist that are long gone. Things are here where there used to be nothing. Heck Animal Kingdom wasn't even on a map in 1997 - although it was well on its way toward being ready to open. 



So that's where I lived! It was pretty awesome. But it would have been nice to have a car...




~ See ya real soon!~ º0º


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº