Friday, May 18, 2012

Run 1.3 - Gentle and Easy

This was the best I've felt while running in I don't know how long!

I reorganized my running corner - gels are now in the
Sugar Daddy lunch pail. Yay!
I kind of ran into *yet to be named* at the store after work, um, completely intentionally, because that seemed more fun than rushing home to then turn around and go outside and run 5 or 6 miles in the heat. Blah. Plus I needed to fill my car with gas for tomorrow's drive to Portland and I wanted toothpaste. I hate buying necessities. At the store I convinced *yet to be named* to buy some new Adidas -- bright orange stripes, so pretty! So that trip felt like a success.

Once home I had a small dinner, listened to some music and then decided to stop procrastinating and run. I know me . . . My legs perform the best at a race after a big rest. I decided to not push it and just run an easy 3 miles with no pressure.

The only pressure I felt was from those little bugs that insist on hanging out in a solid cloud mass. I hate them! Fortunately I made it all 3 miles without a single bug entering my nose or mouth - and this might be a first for that! It's been a long time since I ran through my own neighborhood, so it was kind of nice to be back. The miles flew by. I mean I couldn't believe it when I was over. My mind was busy thinking back to 2009 when I first started running and it took all I had to run 3 minutes non-stop. And here I was running 30 and not feeling the least bit of discomfort or anxiety. (Best 3 miles since my Boston PR!)

This made me think of Jessica. She is where I was two and a half years ago, and last night she even told me I am "a great running coach"! I guess sometimes it is good to not be so hard on myself and just stop and see how far I've come and see that I really CAN inspire and help other people even though I might not be on the 2012 Olympic Team.

I guess I just have some good vibes happening right now, and I hope it lasts. I plan on riding this wave for quite a while. AND let's talk Disney - they revealed the marathon course. While some bitch about it and dislike the race track and baseball ... I LOVE it!! More time seeing things other than highways?? Yes, please! Goofy is pretty much going to be the most awesome race experience EVER!!

And now I leave you with this because I am completely obsessed with it. And I just love that the finish line he crosses? Yeah, I crossed that same one just last month!


1 comment:

  1. Do you have any initial thoughts about what to name "yet to be named"?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº