Thursday, September 17, 2009

Milestone #1 Completed!

I did it! My first milestone has been accomplished. First - and easiest. I have signed up and paid for TWO 5K races. I never thought I'd be in ANY sort of race, let alone one involving my legs and running and something over a mile!  Registering was the easy part - now I have to do the hard work and keep on training to be able to complete both races in an okay time!

Holly asked me if I had any rewards for myself upon completing my races. Well, I guess I do!

Crossing the finish line will be my reward for December's Beaver Fun Run! Just to show myself I can do it all on my own in a given amount of time is all the reward I need!

The Royal Family 5K (part of Disney's Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend) has a bigger reward. Bigger reward for a bigger challenge. The distance is the same, but I am thinking that going from training in the fresh, cool Oregon air to racing in Florida's sunny humidity is going to be a challenge.  I am arriving a few days before the race and expo so that I can get re-acclimated to the time difference and temperature. My reward - the best reward! - is a trip to Walt Disney World!!

My mom is joining me as my cheerleader (I hope)! The invite is open for anyone else that would like to come and cheer or come and race! My best Florida friend, Brian, might be my running buddy - which would be good for me. He won't settle for last place, so I know he'll help me do the best I can! I guess his Army way will rub off ... we will be all that we can be!

So Milestone #1 down - off to work on Milestone #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº