Monday, February 8, 2010

Inspirational Visions

No, I'm not writing about those pictures you see of a nature scene with some message printed on the black border about how to achieve your goals or be the best that you can be. Today I am writing about the visions that come into my mind and inspire me to keep running. I run alone, pretty late at night, and I find it necessary to fill my head with images and scenarios to keep me from thinking about collapsing and taking a nap in the middle of the road.  And now, welcome to my brain!
  • Epcot - the setting of my next race. I often picture myself running through World Showcase ~ and hoping I won't create a "protein spill" mid race.  (Protein spill = vomit) .... trust me, nobody wants to smell Voban while trying to do ANYTHING, let alone while testing your endurance!
  • The finish line - I find great motivation in picturing the finish line just ahead in front of me and then crossing it!
  • My  mom. I like picturing my mom cheering for me in her "ChEAR Squad" t-shirt with her Mickey mouse clappers standing at the finish line.
  • Smiling. I find that making myself smile makes the whole running experience better!
  • Serial killers. I am pretty sure at least one is lurking in my neighborhood. Every car I see slowly passing me, every person outside their home when it is dark out - I "know" they are the next Buffalo Bill ... and that helps me keep up my pace.
  • Being attacked. (Have I mentioned I am morbid at times??)
    • One "fantasy" I remember happened as I was approaching my friend's home. I knew that at any moment my attacker was going to jump out from the bushes right behind me. Of course I would be so close to safety, but not close enough. I would put up a great fight, struggling to get to my friend's doorstep, but, as in any horror movie, I would lose the struggle just before he would have a chance to notice my pleas for help.


    • Last night I was prepared for a throat slasher. I knew it was going to be the person driving the stupid hatchback car that had a camouflage paint job.  I was preparing myself to find the courage to use my own blood to write "camo" on the ground next to me - to help leave a little clue for RPD when they came to the crime scene.
That's about it. I envision completing my running goals .... and mostly being attacked and left for dead on the side of the road.  Whatever works!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº