Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Milestone #7 - THE Goal!!

I did it! I cannot believe I actually did it!! This week I successfully ran a full 5K without even considering stopping to walk or pass out! (And this was all at my best pace ever!) I actually felt so good that I thought I could have probably kept going for a while longer. I was totally in "the zone". Now that this huge milestone is under my belt, I am going in to next week's race feeling very confident!

I am still on such a high that I am creating new ultimate goals - but long term ones that will require hard work and continued frequent running. I don't want to just run in this Royal Family 5K and then be done with running. I enjoy being outside getting fresh air, I always feel great when I finish a hard run, and overall I am just feeling really good! I'm sleeping great, I'm feeling more energetic, and I'm busy looking to the future!

What lies in store? Well, let's fast forward to 2011. Jessica and I are now toying with the idea of not just vacationing together in 2011, but vacationing AND doing one of the major Disney runs during said vacation! I want to push myself to do something more than just a 5K. Now that I've done it once, I am confident I can continue to run that and want to slowly increase my distance and improve my pace. I see there is a race that is a 1/2 marathon relay. That's sounding pretty fun. I'd have to run longer, but by the time October 2011 gets here, that shouldn't be a problem!

**My mom asks me, "What about my future granddaughter? Where does she fit into this?" Well ... I guess I can always waddle across the finish line! I do enjoy how she is optimistic enough to think that there will be a grandchild in her near future. And I must confess, before she even asked me ,I had asked Jessica pretty much the same question!** 

So I am feeling great and determined to take the completion of what at one time seemed unattainable, and just keep pushing forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº