Monday, July 26, 2010

Progress Report #13

Progress? What's that?

I haven't run since last Thursday. It was a good run. A hot, fast, humid, stinky, sweaty run. But I felt great!

What doesn't make me feel great is the weather. It seems to be cooling down, but gee whiz, I'm over it! I should love the sunshine for all the warmth and fun it allows, but it is killing my running. I was in a zone. Then my zone just melted away. I want it back!!

My next race is less than 2 weeks away. It is "only" a 5K, so I am confident that I will do it just fine. But I'm not confident on my time. This heat is just dragging me down. 1 mile feels like 2. 2 miles feel like 4. This 5K could potentially feel like a 10K. I just want some nice and not too hot weather for that race, and then cool temperatures from then on. I will have just over a month to prep for the Prefontaine after the SkirtChaser, and I do NOT want to slack on it at all. The Prefontaine will be the most important race to me so far - aside from the 2010 Royal Family 5K that I kicked ass in. This is the last big one on the schedule before the 1/2 marathon. And this is Pre's race. I have to do my best!

But I can't do my best right now when I can't even churn out a decent 5K during training. Ugh. Is it Fall yet???

On a happy, non-whiny note, my newest running skirt arrived, and of course I love it! I can't wait to see what kind of skirt we get at the SkirtChaser next month! I am hoping for solid black. I need a solid black running skirt. NEED I tell you, NEED!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº