Wednesday, July 7, 2010

When Did I Become One of "THOSE" People?

I'm pretty sure last year Holly had a very similar blog. And now I find myself joining her as one of "those" people.

It's true. I am one of those people that tries to figure out how to work in a run while on vacation. I realized the other day that while daydreaming about this year's WDW trip with Jessica I was thinking of my packing list and wondering how many times I'd be able to work in a run. 

I go to Disney World and worry about working in some runs? I'll be logging so many miles as it is just while walking around theme parks!

That leads me to another realization.  When I used to work in WDW I remember the mornings of the official Walt Disney World Marathon. Traffic was always interrupted and it was harder to get back to Asia to start my work day. I'd see guests on the buses wearing their medals so proudly. And I'd sit there and think to myself how crazy they are. Honestly I bet I even said it out loud to my mom once too. "Who goes to Disney World just to run?"

Yeah.... I do!  I am one of those crazy people that deliberately plans a vacation just to run. And not only run, but to be up at 3am to go run. I suppose I neglected to mention in the last blog that the Royal Family 5K starts at 7am, while the Princess Half Marathon starts at 6am. Yeah, I am totally one of "those" people!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the loony bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! So glad you added me on facebook. We're gonna have to meet up at the Disney princess half!
    Is it ONLY 225 days away????? So crazy... I still need to register!

    So I'm looking for new workout music, what do you use? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. REGISTER!!! I am booking my hotel room next Monday I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº