Friday, July 27, 2012

Run 1.45 - Hm.

I want to write about how awesome my running is and how work is just what we all hope for and that blah blah blah. But that would be a big ol' stack of baloney -- with the Oscar Mayer imprint on it.

I went for a run the other night. Mentally I just wasn't really there. And then physically I wasn't. I pushed hard as I could and called it at 3 miles. A Meniere's attack hit me out of the blue. It was touch and go and I pretty much had to fight for every step in that last mile. But I did it! So I've taken off 2 nights of running -- not from that, but because then I have had the worst sinus pain and sore throat. Blah. I'm just blah. And work sucks hard core.
Tonight I plan on getting in a run before the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Yay!! Then tomorrow I'm up bright and early to head up to see Cilley Girl, her new apartment, and her new kitties!!! Later CG, MF, myself and Kim are doing an evening 5K. I haven't decided if I'm going to race myself or not. That all depends on my head that won't stop pounding.
* * * * * * *

So yesterday a "friend" sends me a private message that says, "dude, you're running 13 minute miles".

Well, technically it was 12:33 for 18 miles that I finished at 1:30 in the morning. And if you are wise and listen to Giraffy, she consulted the MacMillan calculator for me and my goal pace for long, slow training runs ... 12:30. Apparently my 12:33 is sub-par. And apparently 13 is inferior as well? F that. Seriously. I am so proud of my run. It worked hard and never slacked or even thought of quitting. I mean I ran eighteen freaking miles!! So yeah, that "friend" can suck it.

And that's that. No, wait. I'll have to brag about Man Friend a bit. Since I have been feeling sick he seriously spoiled me last night ... not only did he fix me dinner of my favorite "I'm sick food" -- mashed potatoes and mac & cheese, BUT he fixed my bathroom door that hasn't closed right in EVER. (Turns out someone put the hinge on wrong when I moved in and that's why I haven't been able to properly use it!) AND he fixed my bedroom ceiling fan. Last night I actually slept! For the first time in a week I slept!! I'm pretty freaking happy right now!

Remember that little fundraiser I'm doing? Yeah, it's kind of at a standstill. I told you all I suck at fundraising. I just feel horrible asking for money - even though it isn't for me and it is for families in need that have lost family members. But still. If you do feel like there is an extra dollar or two burning a hole in your pocket, check out my fundraising page!

9 comments:

  1. Fuck anyone who is critiquing your time. Seriously. FUCK THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rose. Good grief. Your training paces are yours. Long runs are supposed to be 60-90 seconds slower than race pace, right? Good grief.
    So looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night. I hope you feel better.

    Love,
    Your Friend That Has Never, Ever Run 18 Miles in a Row. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be so pumped if I was back to running 12:30 miles!! For 18 miles? Even better.

    Who are these people in your life and why are they there? Ugh.

    I am a fan of MF, though. He's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say be proud of your run now matter how long it takes you to run it. Screw that "friend".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly hope you un"friended" the so-called "friend". RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have respond - Dude yes I did and why do you care?

    I wish people would just let people do what they wants as long as they are not harming anyone how is it someone else business.

    FWIW - I am totally jealous of you 13 minute 18 miles~!!!! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Rose said.

    Additionally, I knopw I harped on this before, but I feel EXACTLY that way - itchy throat, tired, headchey - when I DON'T GET ENOUGH REST AFTER A LONG RUN. I'm not joking.

    No more middle of the night runs if you have to work the next day! Your training will suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you ran at 1 am and it wasn't a Ragnar. That's crazy. Punch someone in the face that tells you you're slow. Asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 18 miles is pretty damn impressive. I'm finally back to running 12:30 miles and that's taking a lot of effort on my part and it was only for 10 miles, not 18, so like everyone else said: that "friend" needs to be bitch slapped. Great job and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº