Friday, November 20, 2009

Mindless Thoughts

Friday is the day I find myself zoning out. All week builds up to my Friday task - which is rather mundane and allows me to daydream for a while. Its a nice way to wind down the week. It is during this time of daydreaming that odd thoughts pop into my head. Here are a few:

  • It isn't fair that in movies and tv shows there is always the "hot delivery guy". Ours isn't hot. He's friendly and always talks to us, but he's not the least bit attractive. Why can't we be like a movie filled with southern women checking out the eye candy in a uniform once in a while?
  • I am a minority. I am a woman that menstruates. At work, that makes me a minority. Looking around, I cannot see one other person that hasn't gone through menopause already. No wonder we have such a great divide around here!
  • Senior-itis has kicked in. But instead of being a high school senior distracted by thoughts of summer break and a new life in college, I am distracted by visions of Black Friday shopping!! 
  • Some people enjoy the sound of their own voice and never tire of telling every single customer and co-worker the same exact story all day long for weeks now. I really should invest in ear plugs.
  • My dog is getting chunky. Michael is trying to buy the love and affection of my pets through food. He should start walking her daily while I'm at work!
  • I have tons of clothes I could give to good will. I've held on to them for years. I know I'm never going to wear them again. I think its time to donate again. 
  • Project Runway just wasn't right. Carol Hannah got ripped off.
  • I still need to get a copy of Kathy Griffin's new book.   (If any readers are looking for Christmas ideas .... well ..... !!!!!)
  • Changing work voice mail every single day is pointless. I just don't get it.
  • Falling out of friendship with someone because of their dishonesty .... its odd. Its uncomfortable.
And that's just a small bit of life inside my brain while I stuff envelopes!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº