Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things I Appreciated About My Vacation

  1. Side Orders - buying my breakfast as 3 side items was such a money saver! If I had purchased a platter, and asked them to hold the meat, I would have had the same exact food, for about $3 more!
  2. No Drama - Jessica and I got along so well, you should all be jealous. It is probably because we are both so awesome.  I can honestly say there wasn't one time in the entire trip that I was annoyed or wanted any "alone time". We're GREAT vacation buddies!!
  3. Wildlife - It seems almost every day we spotted a new form of Florida wildlife. Among our animal friends were rabbits, spiders, alligators, deer, exotic birds.... and more!
  4. People - Non-stop people watching provided hours of humor. Add our photo scavenger hunt to that and you have endless amounts of free entertainment!
  5. TOTES! - 2009 is the Year of the Tote! We went tote crazy. In total we brought home 8 souvenir totes. I carry mine around now "just because." 
  6. Words of the Day - Every day of our trip we chose a word or phase that we would use as much as possible. Some of our choices were: "totes," "poop" (and its various forms), "at your leisure" and "room for activities."  The latter was our favorite and we still continue using it today!
  7. CANDY! - Not just candy, but CANDY! I haven't had any candy in 16 years, but dressing up and trick or treating was a total blast and made me a woman on a mission to get as much CANDY as possible. If you could only hear how we said "candy" - we'll you'd probably raise an eyebrow at us. But, dang it, we had fun
  8. Being a Kid Again - How could you not love a chance to forget about the real world and just be a kid? I loved dancing with Stitch and Goofy, unexpectedly "joining" a band's performance, singing on the bus, etc... There was no judgment and nobody laughing at us ... .just WITH us!
  9. Summer Camp - I never went to summer camp as a kid, but I think Jessica was right when she compared our hotel to summer camp.  It was too much fun to walk around and get dinner in our pajamas, over load on lemonade and Coke (NOT together, gross!), shop every day after eating, walk inside a giant Rubik's cube multiple times a day, and be on our own schedule. Loved it!
  10. Jessica's Bladder - Our bladders were pretty good at getting in sync with each other so we could hit the bathrooms at the same time. I am very appreciative of Jessica's potty pace. Huh?? Let me explain! I hate going to the bathroom at the same time as friends and then realizing they are speed pee-ers. I don't get it. I had a former roommate that I felt was always trying to race me. It was strange. I enjoy taking my time. I figure the bathroom is the only place I can just be away from people and have a minute or two to myself with no interruptions. Its always driven me nuts when I go places and its like a race to see who can pee and wash their hands and get out of the bathroom the fastest. Its pointless to race against me, too, because you'll always win. I am not going to do it "half-assed" and then end up wiping with a bare hand or not enough toilet paper. Jessica is not a racer! Hallelujah!!! I could move at my relaxed pace and didn't have to have someone looking at me like I am some slow two-toed sloth! She even let me put on my lipstick without having it be a race. So for this, I thank Jessica for being an awesome bathroom buddy! If you can't relax while you're going potty, when can you??

1 comment:

  1. Speed pee-er? Hahaha. I thought at Disneyworld the biggest problem would be hanging out with someone that had to pee ten times an hour. I'll be sure to check my pace next time I'm with someone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº