Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm So Good - I Can Run With My Eyes Closed??

1st off -- I'm one step closer to being a morning runner! I was up at 6 this morning, saw snow outside, and still continued to get dressed and go out. I only did one mile, but that's a step. I think I'll do a couple more tonight so I can at least get more than 1 mile in for the day. But mostly I am happy with how easy it was to just get up in the morning with the intent to run! I hope I can keep it up.

And now my running ... with my eyes shut?? I knew that I wasn't going to look cute, dainty or feminine in my "official" race photos from this weekend. I was working harder than I ever have. I figured since I was just doing the 5K and not the 10K or 1/2, I could really go for it ... even though I was expecting to suck. Well, um, yeah, the pictures certainly show that I was working hard. And apparently they show that I run with my eyes shut?? I swear to you I do look around. I mean how else would I have had my "religious" moment and been able to see Pre? Wait - was it a hallucination? Were my eyes shut??

So now feel free to laugh along as we see me start the race, half way through, and coming in at the end before crossing the finish line!

Okay, not so bad still fresh, nice double chin, and my EYES ARE CLOSED??

I'm sure I was just concentrating on nut stepping on a worm??

I love this one. It is so horrible! Look at my hair! I was in the process of ripping out my headphones so I could hear the crowd as I came in to the finish line. At this point I knew the PR was mine, and I was going to continue that sprint through the finish line!

I can't tell if that is a look of "OMG I'm going to puke!" or happiness. I mean it is a fine line with me. ;)

Now THAT is happiness!

7 comments:

  1. I love that last one with the hair - there are just no words to describe how awesome it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is hilarious that your eyes are closed in all of the pics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the chances that your eyes are closed in EVERY photo? Just think how fast you'd go with your eyes open! So I guess you're not buying any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny that your eyes are closed in those pics! HA!

    Woo hoo - way to get up early to run!! I was so excited to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you look like you are in deep thought in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those aren't so bad -- I could show you horrors that you wouldn't believe (think Rex in Toy Story, but sweaty!) but I won't! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº