Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Time to Procrastinate is NOW

.... because come Monday I can't procrastinate anymore!

I have officially declared Monday, November 29th, 2010 the beginning of training for my very first half marathon. This is HUGE! First off - I was never supposed to be a runner. People laughed at my aspirations to run a 5K. And now I am laughing at them as I happily put my training calendar on the refrigerator and start getting my mind focused and ready for the challenge. You only get to have your first time once - and here it is!

So, as I procrastinate up to the last possible minute, I thought it would be fun to get some new music to listen to during my runs. I have found other good songs via my blog, so I thought if any of you have some must-have songs that you'd like to suggest, well, I'm all ears!



And for my own suggestion, go get the new Glee Christmas CD. It is fabulous!

This Training is Gonna ROCK!

12 comments:

  1. All this talk of big, new goals has really had me thinking I should commit to a spring race. I'm warming up to the idea of my first real 5k in Jan and a spring 10k. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks! Heck I feel like I'm the one always inspired by everybody - never did I think I could inspire someone. Thanks, Rae! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO-HOO... are we really close enough to the Princess Half to be training? I need to start my 2011 training plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ARE! I am doing week 1 twice just since it is all new to me and I want to really get good, consistent base going.

    Weeee!!!! (that was me squealing!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! That is awesome! We can train together virtually! I have a Half on March 20th. When is your first half marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!! Training for a half marathon:) Maybe this will be the start of something amazing! You can be a half marathon junkie too:)

    I love Glee too and will have to keep an eye out for that CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the training. I love following a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sarah - it is February 27th - The Disney Princess 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude! I found some awesome music -

    http://jbshipley.blogspot.com/p/my-playlists.html

    I haven't posted my half running playlist yet - but it's more of the same with some rap in it.

    I am still in recovery for the my race - but hope to be running next week too.

    Hope you had a great holiday and
    Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will be SO ready for your first half! I am really excited for you. =D

    I see you have posted your race schedule. I wish I were so organized! I just haven't made up my mind- maybe I just hate to commit. :/ What the heck is a quarter marathon? lol (Hippie chick)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay you!!! you will rock it girl!! :D Hopefully your first day of training goes well tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I was going to suggest Glee, but it sounds like you're already all over that one! :)

    Awesome!! I love the start of training for a new race! And having it posted on the fridge is very motivating. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº