Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Hot Mess

I figure "hot mess" is the only way to describe myself last night. (Seriously, could I have gotten a worse angle in that picture??)


There I am in my Skirt Sports running skirt/capris, my awesome Skirt Sports 3/4 sleeve jacket, an old race shirt (which isn't actually old at all - 4th of July's 10K), my new leg sleeves, my blood soaked shoes and the new socks I was given at the last race I did. I pretty much feel like I looked like a walking running disaster.

And then there is the cold. I don't even know if you can call it a cold. I just can't breathe. I'm all stuffy sounding. It is really annoying actually. 

So I went out for my first run since getting back from vacation and finally getting over the jet lag that wouldn't die. My legs felt great. I was very happy about that! My lungs? Burning. I did two miles before I just had to call it quits. But even at that it only took me 21 minutes I think. I had 2 mini-walk breaks to adjust the coat. Okay, so I'm not just stuffy - I have the temperature thing going on where one minute I'm cold and the next I'm sweating. So 1/2 the time the coat was a great idea the other 1/2 not so much.

It was during this run that I gave in to the good bad good .... er, um, Influence(!) of that persuasive gal at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls .... and registered for a 5K this weekend.


So there it is. The most spontaneous racing decision so far! Looks like rain or shine, stuffy nose or not, I'll be racing. Go me! Totally not even trying for a PR, but definitely looking forward to being essentially forced to run more than 2 miles at a time this week!

And remember that sushi date from a couple of months ago? He is probably going to do it too, now!

12 comments:

  1. Good for you! Now get better for Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I can't wait to meet you and see those crazy legs in person!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were talked into the 5K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot Mess! Damn I dress like that all the time - guess I may need to rethink my wardrobe!

    Glad your legs felt good after the running break - hope your cold clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! (and I think the outfit is cute. pffft!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!! how fun that sushi date might be doing the 5k too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the race! And I was beginning to wonder what happened to sushi guy! He's still around!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this weekend. Pssst - You're currently in 2nd place in the DoppelLaufer Race and you only need a 30:09 to take the lead. Don't tell anyone I told ya ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! I don't see a 30:09 (which is actually what my Garmin told me for that last race -- can you believe they didn't use chips? Moreover, can you believe I signed up for a non-chip timed race?) ... anyway, I don't see a 30:09 for tomorrow, but I'm optimistic for the December 11th race!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck, maybe I'll be so determined to win that tomorrow will be one of those push it hard until I puke runs and I will win the day! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you might have challenging weather. I hope you can still race. It would be great if you could post a race report in our thread on the Cool Running board at Active.com afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº