Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Progress Report #4

My next race is just about 2 months away, so I have put myself back in full blown training mode. I am now the owner of the Nike + sensor that tracks your runs and apparently gives you all sorts of data. Also, I used a Christmas gift card to get a nice running jacket to wear while training on cold (hopefully not too wet) nights.

I'm pretty excited about round 2 and getting back into a steady routine. So far I've had one small 1.2 mile run and did pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!

**I did have to detour into my Grandpa's house while a couple of kinda icky dudes that whistled at me left my running route. Grandpa did lecture me about running out there alone at night! And I am pretty sure a serial killer is moving in down the street so I had to cross sides to avoid his U-Haul. Have no fear, I survived and will not soon be turned into a crazy man's suit of flesh! (I don't have an active imagination at all when I run. Nope, not me!)


2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the training. I am jealous that you can even run outside right now. My street is covered in ice. How are you liking the sensor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it yet. I just got the pouch for it in the mail, so tonight is my test run with it! I'm excited to see how it works and what types of things it will show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº