Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Progress Report #5

I am feeling really good!!

I have had two runs with the Nike+ sensor and I really like how it gives me all of my stats and shows me a graph of my run. I tend to get a little number obsessed when I track things, so I think this will be good for me. I see it helping me maintain and improve. I'd like to see the graph more steady, and therefore I just have to run longer and a consistent speed.  The past two days I've been out running - nothing big, but enough to help me get back into the swing of things - so tonight I am going to resume my Yoga Booty Ballet routine.

For those of you curious about YBB, I shall explain! My mom discovered it in the middle of the night on an infomercial. She decided to order it, and I am so glad she did! It is so much fun and it really does work. Its not something that will bulk you up, but it gets you slimmed and toned, which is what I want.  Its kind of a mix of yoga, ballet, strength training, weights and dancing. We have quite a few different discs with different routines, each focusing on something a little bit different. Personally I really like the Go-Go disc. It gets your heart pumping and blood flowing. Its probably the most cardio of them all. After I'm done I feel like I had a really good work out.... but not feeling like I want to die while I'm doing it!

So the plan is to run every other day, with Yoga Booty Ballet on the off days. My next race is getting closer and closer so fast I can't even believe it!! But I vow to be prepared. I have no trips scheduled between now and then, I doubt I'll get the Swine Flu again, and I am completely abstaining from alcohol until AFTER my race when I hit the Mexico pavilion in Epcot for a strawberry margarita!

A strawberry margarita.... now THAT'S inspiration!!  Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº