Wednesday, September 15, 2010

100 Days - Week 3 Recap

I'm a little late on my recap of the 3rd week. I guess that's probably 'cause the week was rather uneventful. I can't even remember my total number of miles!

I do know that French fries were my friend. Darn it. I was trying so hard, too. Bummer.
I got in my desired 3 runs for the week. I was set to do 4, but after run number 2 my toe was bleeding so I decided to rest an extra day and let my little toe heal. I didn't really want to be going into this weekend's 10K race bleeding before it has even begun!

Overall my weight is at X-1.5, so that's a plus! Weight loss isn't even a goal, so I will take what I get! I must admit though, it was fun to see a lower number, so I think subconsciously it might be a new goal, but I won't admit it to myself.

In non-100 Days, yet running related news, last night was my last "long" run before the 10K. I tested out the "quick workout" setting on my Garmin. Its about time I try out other features. It was cool to look down and just see my pace and distance left on my goal. It says I "won" and came in faster than planned. Yippee!  Tonight for some "cross-training", if you can even call it that, I'll be walking the golf course in our annual City employee golf scramble. They didn't even bother asking me to be an actual team member this. Perhaps my past couple of years as team cheerleader proved to be more valuable than my skills. However, 2 years in a row I won the Women's Closest to the Pin award - so there!  

Thursday I will probably do one little run through my neighborhood to test out a playlist and make sure everything is feeling good. Then Friday night I finally get to head over to the Oregon Coast for the race I've most been looking forward to all year!  My hotel has a pool and hot tub, so I might actually pay them a visit after a yummy pasta dinner somewhere. And once Saturday morning hits, I am really feeling mentally prepared and ready to run. I've accepted that while I want to do my best, I will probably be walking a little bit, and that is okay. After all, the entire first 5K is uphill. Uphill, on the Oregon Coast .... yeah, let's hope the inevitable wind is helping and pushing me UP that hill instead of holding me back!

And finally - Lesley .... GET NEW SHOES!! Just to prove that I WILL be monitoring this, I took a snapshot of my Google calendar for you!

You see that? September 17th. You said you'd have new shoes by Friday. I'll be knocking on your door and checking. Okay, I won't be knocking. That would be creepy. I'll just be peering in your windows. Don't mind me. I'm harmless.  ;)

And that is all for now!

7 comments:

  1. LOL!!! This is good, now I know everyone is watching me , and I have to get off my rear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step away from the french fries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fries are awesome. Especially sweet potatoe ones (we make those ALL THE TIME at home...) they are harmless. a big ol' sweet potatoe, baked in the oven, it'd never hurt a fly :)

    Good call on the rest for your lil toe! OH! and highfive on the -1/5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so funny that fries are your food you can't resist. I do like them but there is so much else I like more! We are all so different! Good luck in your race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady! The arm sleeves are not compression at all. I mean, they might feel tight on you, but they aren't marketed as compression. The main reason I got these ones is for the reflective stripes. But they are warmers and will keep your arms warm in the cold. They are also moisture wicking and have a little pocket if you need to put something in it. So I got them for the reflection and the warmth. I think that's what other arm sleeves are for too...warmth. Some people might not like a long sleeved top, but will wear arm sleeves. I will post my thoughts after I actually run in them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rae - thanks for the info. Yes, do post how you like them! I'm going to be doing all of my 1/2 marathon training in December, January and February... in OREGON! - I'll be looking for non-restricting warmth I bet!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck this weekend. Sounds like you're ready and will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº