Tuesday, September 21, 2010

100 Days - Week 4 Recap

Week four was mellow, yet successful!

The goal is for at least 3 runs per week. I had to adjust that on week 4 since it was race week and I had to force myself to taper. I knew that if I didn't cut back one day I'd go overboard.  My final "practice" run was a good one, and my 10K was awesome! Best run I've had in such a long time! I never felt out of breath, my legs never wanted to give out on me. I was in the zone. My upchuck reflex wasn't in the zone, however. There wasn't any vomiting on that run, but I came close 4 times. I'm not sure why this happens, but I need to figure it out so I can get over it!

French fries ... I had some at lunch one day when I went out with a friend. The night before the race I opted to have breakfast for dinner, so as to avoid the grilled cheese/French fry combination. However, after the race, at the start of my post-race hangover (do you get those?) I was starving and had a delicious grilled cheese and yummy fries. I didn't even feel bad about it! Plus, since I was at the coast anyway, I drove down to a marina and Coast Guard station to eat in my car while watching the fog and the boats. It was really nice!

My Zumba DVDs arrived while I was at the race, so I finished out week 4 with the hour long introductory DVD. After just 15 minutes I was already sweating. I think I'm going to like it!


6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your great run. I love the post-race hangover. You can eat whatever and not feel any guilt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a DVD tomorrow. Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. I am hoping it can be another form of crosstraining for me. I think you can consider that crosstraining, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally think it counts as cross-training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore grilled cheese. I would eat it every day if I could. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fries don't count after running a 10k. Indulge and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know my thoughts on Zumba... obviously. LOL I am glad you are giving them a try. For the record, grilled cheese is always AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº