Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cue The Butterflies!

Oh my gosh, you guys! And, OH MY GOSH, Princesses!!

ONE MONTH!!!

By this time in just one month I will be showered, in fresh clothes, walking around a theme park with a medal around my neck, probably wanting to eat everything I see.  (Am I the only one that turns into a vulture after a good race??)  I can't believe that my first half marathon is so close. I can't believe that I am running a half marathon!!

One year ago I was getting excited about going to Florida to hopefully run my first full 5K without stopping to walk at all. That was my only goal. Just run 3.1 miles all in a row. Then I got to the expo and felt like I wanted to be part of the BIG show. So before even running those 3.1 miles I already knew that in one year I would be back in Florida ready to run my first half marathon. And now it is soooo close. I mean I might actually start putting things in suitcases pretty soon. It is a bit more than I can grasp at this exact moment, actually. 

I feel ready though. Granted right now my longest run ever is 8 miles, but things are progressing so well that I know if I follow the plan (and listen to Lesley and just freaking slow down!) I will be A-OK! I've never been so dedicated to anything in my entire life, aside from my pets, of course. So while my tummy is in knots and feeling nervous then excited then nervous, you get the idea, my mind is calm and ready!

Life as I know it is about to seriously make a change. Let's just take a quick little looksie poo at what is already planned (I know me, I will start adding to it before too long!):

February 26 - walking the Royal Family 5K with my mom
February 27 - running the Disney Princess Half Marathon
March 13 - Shamrock 15K
April 10 - Inaugural Corvallis Half Marathon
May 1 - Eugene Half Marathon
May 8 - Hippie Chick Quarter Marathon
July 4 - Butte to Butte 10K
September 4 - Disneyland Half Marathon
September ?? - Prefontaine Memorial 10K
October 9 - Portland Half Marathon
December ? - Las Vegas Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon


Clearly there are some gaps here. I mean June? What happened to June? Or November? August, are you there?
I think Jessica and I are still wanting to do the Great Urban Race again this year, which is in July. I might walk the 5K in Disneyland as well, if I can get someone to join me!

So really, it is a good thing I'm fully dedicated because I am going to be one freaking busy lady!

(Oh yeah, there are a few days left to get a hold of my unwanted Sports Beans!)

17 comments:

  1. You're so cute - love seeing your excitement! Looks like you've got a great year planned. I'm aiming for my first 5K in May. I'll be starting from the couch again and inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it sister! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DisneyLAND? As in, out here? I'd walk the 5k with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! Um, Rose - do the freaking half, too! You're doing the 24 hour race, may as well spare a couple hours for Disneyland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you!! Looks like you have a great year planned...Good luck. I will see you in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you! You are gonna do AWESOME! I have so many friends that will be there for that race and I wish I were there too.

    This month will go fast and then you can Party like a Princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got a lot of stuff on your schedule already. ONE MONTH!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief...you have a lot on your schedule...no wonder you momma had to have a chat with you about balancing running with real life. :) :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your schedule is giving ME anxiety! Haha. Lots of luck at your first half!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you are so ready for your FIRST half!
    You do have a whole bunch of running events to cover this year. WOW!!!!
    I'm thinking, playing, pondering, toying with the idea of RnR Las Vegas. I wanted to do it in 2010, but I had other commitments for that day. So, maybe, if I planned it correctly, I just might.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm - I can tell you what you are doing in June -

    partying in New Orleans for my birthday - WHATT!!!!

    I promise though - we can run the French Quarter on Saturday morning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! Just one month away!! 8 miles is great! It sounds like you are right on track.

    YES! I so want to eat everything in sight after a long run!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, assuming I'm in town, I'll do the Disneyland Half with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I put it on my calendar. Remind me in a few months and I'll officially sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe it's only a month away!! :) So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited for your first half! That's a race I'd love to do someday. I hope you have a good time at Portland later this year. I ran the Portland Half this past October, and despite the rain, it was a good race for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº