Monday, January 3, 2011

Run #18 - Successful Struggle

I'm keeping this one short and sweet.

Sunday was my scheduled long run. I spent all of Saturday in a post-midnight race coma. I barely came out of it in time to run on Sunday. The weather was chilly, but dry and not windy, so yay for that. I did my big loop down to the park, the duck pond and our VA area - which is pretty much a golf course and really nice looking big brick buildings.  

My running nemesis wasn't out, possibly because I ran a couple of hours later than I normally would on a Sunday? Or maybe she is intimidated by me and my skirt! I ran into many runners, which didn't surprise me. It seems like you always see a lot of people out at the start of the year - trying to keep up with resolutions I suppose. This time, though, they were all friendly! I was my usual courteous self and they all reciprocated. I just love that. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

These five miles were hard. I'm not gonna lie. Coming off of that cold, fast race on New Years, my body was still a little sore. So I just slowed down my pace and went with it. I did stop a couple of times to stretch my legs a little bit, but managed to mostly run the whole thing. I walked up a couple of hills - but that was mostly due to pain in my hip, not being tired.  I also finished up my Ted Bundy audio book during that run. Wow! It was really good, but listening to that while running, I can't help but look cautiously at every single male I see - especially if they are in a "serial killer van".

Current stats since official training began:  18 runs for a total of 54.5 miles.

Not bad! I like having a set plan and a goal. It keeps me focused and helps me get my butt outside!  Speaking of plans, I plotted out the entire year in my little training log book last night. I am glad I did. It has made me feel more confident in my abilities and excited to see what I'll accomplish this year!

***Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon is 88% full. If you want to register, Hurry up!!
***Disneyland 1/2 Marathon registration opened today! I am ready to earn that Coast to Coast Challenge medal! ºoº

***You have until next week to enter my $25 gift card giveaway!

8 comments:

  1. 88% full??? You better register!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, since I registered for the Princess on the day it opened, I better keep with tradition and register for Disneyland TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for registering for races and writing down a plan in a log somewhere. Love that feeling. so funny that you didn't see your running nemesis...I was hoping for another good story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to start keeping track of all of my runs. I kinda forget to add up the runs that I do on a treadmill! That will be my new years resolution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound very organized and super excited!

    Hopefully your nemesis wasn't out racing...doubt it on Jan2.

    Funny about the audio book! I would be creeped out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm - maybe I should think about coming to the West Coast for a second Disney half . . .

    Sounds like it could be fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous, I woud love to do any of the Disney half marathons but the Princess is at the top of my list. Way to go on your training so far, you're rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plotted out the whole year... ahhhhh, you're mathmetician/engineer friend is so proud. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº