Friday, July 8, 2011

And the Last Thing I Heard Was Hermione

This is NOT a recap of the 5 mile run I did this morning .... because I did NOT get up and run this morning even though my alarm tried to get me out of bed. And here is why.....

It was a lovely Thursday. Sunny. Downright Hot! The work day was over and the new weekly Thursday farmer's market was having it's opening night. I filled up my water bottle, ditched my jacket (naturally a Skirt Sports jacket because why would I have just a "regular" one with me?) and walked up the street with my mom. The market was set to be only a couple of blocks from work, so the walk was very short. We were concerned. On our way to meet our co-worker at a designated corner we passed by the "market". It was ... well, it was lacking. People were still setting up our booths, the band was still warming up and tuning their instruments. From the looks of it, these people didn't just come from work, so why they weren't ready to go at 5 when the kick off was slated to happen is beyond me.

We met our friend on the corner and walked back to the market. Not much had changed. I would say it took all of 10 minutes to very slowly walk through and see what was being offered. The band never played a note the entire time we were within earshot. This isn't Seattle where the blocks are the size of my entire town. Had they ever played we would know!  A woman was selling these awful beaded bracelets for $125. One-hundred twenty-five dollars. For a gross bracelet? Um, No. Another woman was selling plants for $4 that my mom just bought at the store for $1.25 a piece. I saw a booth selling pulled pork sandwiches, or so they claim. I only saw bags of chips and no hint of sandwiches.  Color us unimpressed.

The night appeared to be a bust. We walked back to the main street and had almost parted ways until we looked over at the new restaurant/bar that just opened recently. As we were reading the menu in the window the door was opened and we were invited in. Well, okay! 

Next thing you know, we were bellied up to the bar. Forget my bottle of water, I decided on a spiced rum and Coke. And then another. I swear to you I only had two. And they were small! When did I turn into such a light weight?  Once we finally left my mom and I giggled all the way back to work and my house (we carpool, which works out really good for me since that means I never have to drive). If you are my facebook friend (and why aren't you if you aren't? Sheesh!) you may have noticed I was a Chatty Cathy last night! I was commenting all over the joint!  Apparently my tolerance has gone way down .... or those were some really strong drinks ..... or they were really good .... or all of the above!

It wasn't even 8:45pm and I was in bed. I set my sleep timer on the TV and settled on Harry Potter. It was the first movie where they are all so young, so you have to forget how you and your mom went on a Google quest to find those videos of Daniel Radcliffe dancing around naked during Equus. Only minutes later and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I totally passed out. The last thing I heard was Ron Weasley say, "Hermione!"

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your farmer's market sounds like the one we have in my town on Saturday mornings. However, the bakery lady that makes marionberry turnovers is always there, so I don't care about the lack of band or overpriced flowers.

    You were fun on FB last night, you lightweight you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmer's market close to where I live is pretty small, but they have a great selection of food available. No live bands, though... that would be awesome.

    I've never read any of the HP books or seen any of the movies. I'm so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, you just made me laugh out loud : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermione!! I can totally see Ron saying that. Hermione & Ron are totally my favorites! I'm so excited for the movie to come out next week. Oh my gosh - it's so funny to watch the earlier movies and see how young they were!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have Google Equus just because - and meh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº