Friday, July 22, 2011

Cooking With the Fruit Fly

A lot of bloggers share recipes. Healthy ways too cook favorite dishes. New food combos and ways of preparing them. A fun spin on a classic meal.  I decided that I should participate in this trend as well. So now, I'll show you how to make one of my favorite meals!  *I used to eat this almost daily in junior high. I continued it through college, but then couldn't find it anymore. Just 2 nights ago I found this in the store again and was overjoyed!*

Go to the canned food area of your local store. Find Chef Boyardee .... NOT Spaghettio brand. Ick. No. You want Chef Boyardee! (For me being the vegetarian, I always ate ABCs and 123s, Sharks and Dinosaurs. Today's lesson is on preparing Dinosaurs).  Bring home the can and get out a pot.

Nowadays you don't even need a can opener. Simply lift the little handle there and open the can. You can even do it one-handed, as seen below!

Lift the can of Dinosaurs and empty them into the pot. You'll want to be careful to not let it splatter all over you!

Put the pot on the stove and crank that sucker up to high. If you want to cook like the Fruit Fly, you do it fast! None of this long simmer nonsense. It is all about high and fast! Bring it to a boil, stir it so it doesn't stick to anything, then turn off the burner.

Pour into a bowl and sprinkle liberally and often with yummy croutons. I like to put in a small amount at a time and let them only mildly soak. I don't enjoy a soggy crouton.  Make sure it isn't scalding hot, although tradition has it that you will burn your tongue slightly. Sit back, and Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. LOL! Love me some chef boyardee ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny.

    In Jr. High, I ate Spaghettios (sorry) with crushed Pringles and shredded cheese on top. Yummy, yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious!! That's usually how dinner goes at my house LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!! too funny! now im strangely craving spaghetti-os!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this cracks me up! I prefer the ABC's though, I have to admit...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it..."cooking with the fruit fly" and a can of chef-boy-ardee...hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha I love it!
    I am a HUGE fan of chef boyardee. Love the beefaroni- so not good for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chef Boyardee is the way to go!
    I love the low fat ravioli myself.
    You should throw in a big spoonful of salsa or some canned diced tomatoes. Makes is even classier and more gourmet. Trust me on that! It gives a really fresh spin on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 23, 2011

    Im gonna log this one into the archives for "Nights I dont feel like cooking."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bwahahaha!!!!! Classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº