Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Run #5.5 - I am Sooooo Impressive

Seriously, I am. I mean when people write running books, they are using my amazing stats as the basis for what a real runner should do. Yes, I have such amazing physical strength, such outstanding willpower. What is the latest impressive feat that I accomplished? 

Don't fall out of your chair when I tell you.

I, little RR, the Fruit Fly of the running blog world, ran one whole mile!

Hold your applause, please. No, really. No need for a standing ovation. It is okay. I understand your admiration. It's only natural.

* * * * * * * * 

Yeah, so I came home from work and found my new clothes from RunningSkirts in my mailbox. Naturally I ripped that sucker open! I tried on the top, which is supposed to be worn at the Disneyland Half. Too tight. Erg. I mean seriously, I felt like I looked preggo in it. And after running 13 miles I'd look even worse! (Today I mailed it back in exchange for the next size up). I was so distracted with the clothes and buying presents at the liquor store that I never remembered that I was actually hungry. 

I consulted my 5 drawers of running clothes (tonight it will be upgraded to SIX) and pulled out my new adidas running skirt and top. I also mixed it up and went without the KT tape and in Zensah sleeves versus adidas. The adidas fit tighter, I think I prefer them, but I was being all mixy-upy. I also switched out the adidas shoes and ran in my Nikes. I'm thinking I'll wear Nike at the next race, so I wanted to spend more time with them. 

Anyhoozy... I set out without music (again because I was all mixy-upy) and was going to do 2 or 3 miles. It was already 9pm. It was getting dark. I ran way faster than I probably should have at first. I usually use music to keep pace and help me go slower or faster. This time I was just listening to myself breathe, and I really annoyed myself. I seriously hate sounds.

After one mile I paused and thought, "Damn. Why do I feel so funny?" Then it hit me. I was freaking starving. I am old. I normally have dinner around 6pm. My tummy was growling. I was dehydrated. I was being a weenie. So I walked my neon self home and cooked a pizza!

I rock.

9 comments:

  1. I hate listening to myself breath - I'm like a frickin' freight train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the top!

    Yes...eat well early!! That's how we old folks roll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six drawers! Wow! That's a lot of running clothing! I try to keep it down to two myself.

    Sometimes I forget to eat, but that doesn't happen often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so totally rockin that neon! And I'm uber jealous of your collection of cute running clothes. Those fitness clothing people don't have a big selection for us fat runners. I'm gonna have cute running clothes next year...you just wait!

    And I think that was one impressive mile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to expand my running clothes empire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGGGGGGGGG YOU ARE SO CUUUUUUUTE
    WHERE IS THAT SKIRT FROM!? is it the undies underneath or shorts kind?! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goodness, i better see you at the damn disney race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey...at least it's one more mile in the running bank!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 14, 2011

    You continuously crack me up!

    You have a TON of running clothes! A lot of mine are tech shirts from races that I can't wear in the summer cuz it's too hot for sleeves, of any variety! Well you know me, my next race Im just gonna go topless... hahaha!

    Congrats on the mile :-P Legs are feeling good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMEN! You are my twin! I HATE SOUNDS too!
    Especially, when I am eating, when I wake up, it has to be quiet. I am about to go a little cra-cra here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº