Thursday, March 26, 2009

15 Minute Babble: the Beach

I think I want to take Lady to the beach. She's only been there once since I adopted her as my chubby little dog 4 years ago. She really loved our Mommy-Daughter day together. We went to my old lake, a lighthouse, the mall, had a lunch date together at some fishing docks, played on the beach, went hiking and explored some tide pools. We were lucky in that we made it to shore in time. Lady was so busy leading the way while she investigated every nook and cranny, we didn't even notice the tide was coming in and our path to the car was quickly disappearing. The little Lady Bug was exhausted and slept the entire way home. At her Grammy's house she was hysterical to watch. Her eyes couldn't open and she was actually dragging her body along the floor instead of getting up to walk. Good thing I don't mind carrying her to the car because she certainly had no energy to do it herself!

The point is, once the weather is a touch nicer, I think Lady and I will hit the beach again!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you can actually go to the beach for the day. That's the single biggest thing I miss about living there. We have "beaches" here but there is NO comparison between the ocean and the Great Salt Lake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº