Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol: iTunes Downloads

* LIVE BLOG ALERT! UPDATING DURING COMMERCIALS! *

The show hasn't even really started and I have this to say .... WTF is up with Allison's "look" tonight?? I like that the theme is more open than past themes like Motown and country. Hopefully we can all find at least one song we like.

1. Anoop. (Usher) Maybe this will be a good night for Anoop? They loved him when he did Bobby Brown, so let's see. Two lines into and I'm not as hopeful that it will be good. Is the sound balance just f'd up again, or is it me? Not a good "singing" song. Feels choppy and too much background singers versus Anoop performing. I am underwhelmed. He doesn't sound horrible, it was just lifeless and boring for me. Not a fantastic start for tonight's show.

* I think I am going to have a facial. Is tonight 2 hours again? Ooh - only 90 minutes. The facial can happen post-show. The fact that I am writing about facials shows the judges are boring me.

2. Megan. (Bob Marley). Barf. She makes me want to barf. Her first "dance" moves totally looked horrible just like the older sister during the talent show at the end of Dirty Dancing! Oh gosh - this is painful. I despise her voice. Fakey Fake girl, Get off my tv and change this boring ass song! What the hell was that last thing she did with her voice on that last phrase? That was so freaking painful!

*Whoa? Irritating? FIRST time? Kara - she is ALWAYS irritating! Simon - well said - except WE never liked her. I can't believe that song is a "top download". Fans?? Does this chippy really have "fans"? Seriously?

3. Danny. (Rascal Flatts) I hope he doesn't irritate me. I cannot stand Rascal Flatts. They come on and I immediately change the station. And they might be too goody two-shoes for me -- which does seem to fit Danny I guess. I'm glad he just wore regular glasses tonight. I hate that this is a song I don't know or care to know. He's singing it good though. Actually, I bet he's singing it better than the nasally original version must sound. Didn't blow me away, but best of the 3 so we've heard.

* The middle girl holding the Danny sign? WOW. Um, no comment. But Wow. Poor girl.

4. Allison. (No Doubt) Ooh I LOVE this song. OSU freshman year!!! Her look - oh lord. Singing - started good! Her dress is one color away from being okay. Ditch the white and I might 1/2 find it okay, but really she looks so ridiculous. Totally ridiculous. And white shoes? Sick. WHAT? Did she forget the words? What was with the La la? Sure Gwen Stefanie does the La -- but should you really do that when there are people watching that don't know the lyrics and might think you forgot the words? Hell I know the song by heart and I'm still not fully convinced you didn't just space out at the end.

* So glad the judges called her out on the clothes.
* I am over her speaking voice. I want to give her a lozenge. The rasp is just too much now.

5. Scott. (Billy Joel) Bad notes at the start - in my opinion. This song, I hear Shrek singing it. Did they do that in one of those movies? His hair! Its so 80's! At least he is genuinely singing - versus yelling or whatever you call what that Megan girl does. Well, that was pleasant.

* Does Simon remind anyone else of my step-dad?
* The fact that they said Lil is doing Celine Dion - oh you KNOW I'm going to be all over that!!

6. Matt. (The Fray) I don't like the set up of him sitting right in between a bunch of robot girls. I like his voice better than the regular dude, but I feel like he's doing too much karaoke right now. He's doing vocal things he hasn't done in the past, and for me, it sounds like he's trying to sound like the lead singer of the Fray. I can't stand the Fray guy's voice.

* Whoa - Paula just said what I was trying say. That freaks me out!

7. Lil. (Celine Dion) Oh boy - what will she do???? I can't wait to hear! I want her to do MY Titanic song so I can rip it apart. Dammit, she isn't doing it. She probably knew she can't compete with me! Another "top download" that I don't know, although I don't listen to or like Celine unless its being performed by a drag queen. Really, you should all check out MY version of Celine. I AM the best! Okay bitch - STOP YELLING AT ME!! Singing does not equal yelling. Even her last note, to my poor ears, was just a yell.

* And yeah - her ass is HUGE!
* I'm happy we saved my favorites for last. Who will be next?? What will they sing??

1-866-IDOLS - 08

8. ADAM LAMBERT!! (Wild Cherry). Oh boy - my mom will hate it, won't she. I know it! She thinks he shrieks. Whatever! ;) I can't write when he's on. I turn into the swoony robot girl in the audience. He's making me smile and laugh. I feel rainbows oozing out of my tv. No straight guy would be that secure to just go out there and go for it and move like that! And honestly - he could tour as Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar. He has THE perfect voice for it! I love his teeth. First person to thank the bank. Class act! Love him!!

1-866-IDOLS-08


9. Kris. (Bill Withers) Everybody is using an instrument tonight. I feel bad for people following Adam. I kind of don't dislike this song fully, but of all of them I'd pick something different, cuter, happier for Kris. And I wouldn't have picked that final note. I did enjoy him though. He is always delightful.

1-866-IDOLS-08
VOTE!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Do you have a stepdad of whom I am not aware? WE all know your stepdad reminds us of Dennis Quaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be inappopriate - but that gal is carrying some sort of shelf on her backside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - I got some pipes, too. They tend to back up once in a while. Betweeen "you got pipes" and "you can sing the phone book" the comments are getting trite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy loved Adam Ant. He ants that kind of singing but thinks he's a pro and an entertainer. At least he perked up the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim's still carrying on about Adam. I liked the last kid - I would put his poster on my wall if I was a teenybopper again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill Withers did that song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old broad's favorites for last night?
    Adam, Adam, Adam....
    Oh... followed by Danny and Kris!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº