Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running, Vegas, Medals, RAIN

I've been so sporadic with my blogging since vacation. Even on vacation I sucked and didn't get my usual 1 post minimum per day. I'm starting to feel almost normal again, so maybe I'll be back to blogging and commenting on every one's blogs. It is a good thing I don't have any trips planned until the Disneyland 1/2 in September, otherwise I'd never get caught up with my online life!

Speaking of Disneyland - my airfare is booked. Now I'm just looking for a hotel and waiting for a certain someone to agree to come with me. 

Also along the lines of half-marathon based vacations, Jessica was proactive and booked our hotel room last night. I know it seems early, but we were excited! And get this - we got a room at the Excalibur for $140 total. That's it. $70 a piece! Sure it isn't the Bellagio, but how often am I in a room when I go to Vegas? Not very. And it is close to the start line. We figured this leaves us more money for the yummy fruity drinks they sell everywhere. Mmm, I can taste it now! 

The skies have opened up. It is pouring in Oregon right now. I'm hoping for maybe a dry bit on Sunday morning for the Shamrock 15K. If it is insisting on being wet, maybe not too cold would be nice. After all I did run the Prefontaine 10K in pouring rain, but the temperature wasn't bad at all. Prefontaine ... my mom saw him run. She insists on reminding me of this All. The. Time. And then she says how cute he was. Well, duh! I mean would have I have an unattractive running idol? Heck no! Did you know I have a poster of him on my wall at home? Now ya do! 

I wore my 5K and 1/2 marathon medals around last night. It felt so good! I was visiting my grandpa and showing them off. He thought they were pretty darn cool! It really sucked when I went home and put them in my race box. I seriously need to get one of those medal display things. My whopping 4 medals need to breathe! And I counted, I should be getting a minimum of ELEVEN this year. That would be 13 by the end of 2011 if I don't add any more finisher medal races or win an age group award again. 

I've been running with the awesome pink iFitness belt that I won in Giraffy's giveaway. I really like it! I liked my Spi belt enough, but this feels a little more stable and has two pouches! And it soaks up the sweat. Be happy you did not have to touch it after the half marathon. Giraffy and I met up at the start area so she could pass off the belt. I wore it during the race and had no issues at all! And boy did it soak up the sweat. This is gross - but then running has a lot of gross aspects .... when I got home and eventually unpacked my suitcase (so this is Thursday or Friday night I think?) my half marathon clothes - still sweaty! I guess rolling them up and shoving them in your suitcase and never letting them dry just keeps them sweaty? Hm. Um, gross. But yet kind of awesome in a gross way. Did all of us mention how freaking hot the Princess half was? 

Okay - that's enough. How about some links, just in case you missed 'em and are just dying to see?!? 
So the busy nature of 2011 has kicked into high gear! I'll be racing non-stop, hitting 2 more states along the way. I have a date tomorrow ... yeah, did you miss that post yesterday? I am peeling from my Florida sunburn. So over that! But the sun was so nice! And wtf, I am pretty much twitterpated. How did that happen?? How long will it last??

6 comments:

  1. Your sweaty clothes must smell SO BAD. hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you are "twitterpated" for a long time. And I too am looking forward to our date. And if I don't hear back soon...DL will take a higher spot than the family unit for sure. Mr. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, dear your medals need to be shown off!!! Go get a tattoo for each one - that'll make the process "easier". ;) ;)
    Speaking of sweat, I sweat like a p-i-g when I run. Always. tehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love twitterpated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should check out my blog.... :) http://feetdominatingpavement.blogspot.com/2011/03/blogger-of-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just pulled soccer socks out of my 6 yr olds bag that were growing mold on them. He didn't trust me to get them washed and back to him before his next game, so he just stuck them back in his bag. So gross! And you definitely need a medal rack to hang your awards...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº