Friday, May 27, 2011

Run #4.6 - Ahhh.... That's Nice!

*What's wrong here?
I took off 3 full days from running. By the end of what would have been the fourth day I couldn't take it anymore. I just HAD to go run. After dinner, and watching Weeds (I finally just bought the latest season to be released on DVD. Ssh - no spoilers. I don't want to know anything!!) I put on my skirt, shirt and shoes and went out the door.

It was kind of nice to not have a plan. Mid-run I realized I never even set a time or distance goal. I was just out there to test my legs and see how they liked it. My pace must be just naturally improving (I know I say that a lot, I guess I'm still shocked by it) because I wasn't trying to be speedy, but I was staying around 10 minute mile pace. Now if I give a little oomph, 9:25 is comfortable. What the heck happened to me?? Love it!  One mile in I felt great. No issues at all. So I kept going. 

I did have some nerves creep in when I hit 1.4. That seems to be the spot where I start to first feel a twinge, then go down for the count by 1.8. Not this time! I hit 1.8 and was so happy that I kept going and maybe did speed up just a tiny tad.

Finally I was done. 2 miles in just under 20 minutes. No stopping. No mid-run stretching. No walking. Just two miles of blissful running. I was so happy! And relieved!  I had thought of going another mile, but realized that for now 2 was okay - and I'd hit more than 3 on Sunday when I once again attempt a long run. I'm just so happy to have finally felt success. This was the first time I did 2 solid miles without pain since the Hippie Chick race. Hopefully this pain free streak can continue and Seattle will be fun and not as slow!

*No compression socks/sleeves is the main correct answer (I remembered them mid-run and by then it was too late). Although you could point out the KT tape is coming off. Also, my floor is dirty and needs cleaned.

12 comments:

  1. Nice run. That KT tape is neat, I just am intimidated to figure out where to put it exactly when I have issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a pain free run!!!

    I've never used KT tape, but I love that it comes in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT Tape is some kind of VooDoo. It works, and I love that their site has instruction videos for how to apply it.

    Good job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 27, 2011

    Yay for a pain free run!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited you had a pain-free run! I hope your longer run this weekend will be pain-free, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! (and I love that skirt)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the ITB is feeling better! KT tape is AWESOME! I used it on a rotator cuff injury so I could continue running. Made the difference in running my marathon last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for 2 pain free miles. The KT tape is magic....good luck this weekend. Don't push it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! So happy that you were able to run pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 29, 2011

    It's so easy to take being able to run pain free for granted until you get hurt. So glad you are felling better. KT tape - does it really work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad your leg isnt hurting anymore.. there is nothing worse than possible injury!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº