Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Seattle Recap

The full reports are soon to come, but here's the bullet point version of my awesome weekend in Seattle!

Pre-Race
  • The expo was so cool - I came home with a ton of loot (free & purchased)
  • Seattle is one huge hill. Seriously, do you always just have to walk up? Are there now downs?
  • Fabulous weather!
  • Yummy Twisted Mac & Cheese at the Hard Rock Cafe
  • I love the KT Tape guy
  • Seattle smells funny. Bathrooms. Smoke. Body odor. Fish.
  • The Mariners game was fun and spendy!
  • I love free public transit. Oh heck, I love any transit that isn't my feet right now!
Race Day
  • Slowest finish time to date, but I totally don't even care .... because ....
  • I had 13.1 miles of ZERO pain!!!
  • Great course, great bands along the way, fun cheerleaders, awesome vibe amongst the runners
  • I didn't puke! WHAT? I know, right?? 
  • Perfect weather!
Post-Race
  • I finally got my space blanket and I LOVED it!
  • Everclear rocks my compression socks!
  • Met up with Stacie and Abby at the concert. They rock, too!
  • I did even more shopping. Oops!
  • Lovely lunch on a pier
  • Saw the Space Needle
  • Turned into a zombie
  • Had the WORST hangover EVER!! It still continues today.

16 comments:

  1. so
    freaking
    awesome!

    YAY no pukie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no pain and no puking is a success. congrats on your half!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a win and you didn't drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! No pain even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love the pain-free, puke-free parts! Can't wait to read the race report.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for space blankets....i WILL get one some day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted one of those blankets! Congrats on your finish. Excited for the race report!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for no pain! Congrats! I can't wait to read more about your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! SO happy that there was no pain, awesome!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo!! No pain and no puking!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any hang-over that lasts more than 14 hours is a SERIOUS success!!!! Way to GO!!! I trust that BB also had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, SEATTLE!
    Fish and rain and smog and shopping and space needles! Glad you got into the city OK :) Sounds like a good race!

    I think I am going to do the PRE memorial 10K...are you doing it this year?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Yes, Yes, Do the Pre!!!
    I registered a couple of months ago I think. I feel like I'm number 26 or so on the list. I was ansty and couldn't wait to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like this was a great race! Congrats on a pain free run!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº