Saturday, June 4, 2011

Run #4.9 - HOT Diggity Dog!

Apparently this is what it takes for me
to have a good run? Aye carumba!
Yesterday I wanted to get in a couple of miles after work, but the fact that I could barely drive myself home or sit up straight (seriously I am so over Meniere's Disease, it is ridiculous!) caused me to not run. I actually fell asleep on my couch while it was still light outside. Anyhoo....  I decided that this morning I'd go for my two.

It appeared to be a tad warmer out than normal, but not warm enough to go sleeveless, so I switched tops and put on short sleeves.  Decorated my leg, synced up a fresh play list and I was out the door. I felt great! It was nice to be out in the morning and not be freezing for a change. Before the run I realized I locked myself out of the house (2nd time in the last couple of months now!) so I was sure to run by Grandpa's house during my run to get the spare so I'd be able to get home and clean my stinky self.

About 19 minutes after starting (ignoring the bit where I dropped a book off on my friend's door step and the couple of minutes I spent talking to Grandpa and getting my key) I was done! I was so happy to run with ZERO pain. None! But oh my gosh. Holy humidity! I think it was in the 60s when I ran, but the humidity was outrageous. My Garmin was actually slipping around on my wrist because I was just dripping with sweat.  Awesome! But at the same time I'm kind of concerned how I will do if we ever get a summer around here.

Anyway, that was my run. I am looking forward to tomorrow's long run and seeing how I do - pain wise.

***Have you ever seen such a horrible floor like the one in my photo? I can't believe I actually shared this, but sadly that is the floor in my computer room where I spend all of my time before and after a run uploading music and Garmin data.***
***Okay, yes, I have "fuchsia fun" paint in my room. It is my sci-fi/B-movie inspired room. I love the pink & babbling brook combo!***

10 comments:

  1. Sixty degrees sound wonderful.
    We have heat index in the triple digits and it's just plain nasty!

    Good job on your run.
    It brought a smile to my face when I read about the part where you stopped by your grandpa's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many people will yell at me when I say I'm done with the sun already? I have burned backs of my legs...kinda forgot to sun screen them. And today's race was more walking than running, and NO Stacie, if you are reading this, you had nothin' to do with my second half of the race, it was all the sun sapping my powers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I SUCK at warm weather running. I thrive on the cold and rain. I don't even want to think about how much I'll be yelling at myself during my July half marathon. What the hell was I thinking with my schedule this year??

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 04, 2011

    I hate running in the heat and humidity. And I'm sorry sometimes no matter how early you get out there its still unbearable. I'll take the treadmill in the AC anyday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could come up and cheer you on, and Biker Boy and I could throw water balloons at you while you run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The linoleum in my kitchen is much worse. Good thing I'll be moving out before I get married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear, im not sure which is crazier...the floor, or all the tape on your knee :) both are a hot mess :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 05, 2011

    Oh the humidity - I can relate. I ran after work a couple weeks ago, 2.46 miles, to test out my new shoes. It was so humid my KNEES were sweating. Lovely, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The KT tape on the knee is totally a sign of bad assery... everyone knows that. As for the heat, I am having to learn to deal with it because it's only going to get worse around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº