Monday, August 30, 2010

100 Days - Week 1 Recap

The goals for the 100 days are: less French fries, exercise every day in some fashion, run at least 3 times a week.  While Week 1 was not without flaws, I am pretty darn happy with the final results!
  • Day 1 - French fries with dinner. Eek!
  • Day 1 - followed up those fries with a 2 miles run
  • Day 2 & 3 - no fries, but also no running due to triple digit temperatures and my desire to stay as cool as possible
  • Day 4 - ran a great 5K, tying my race PR time and beating my last race by 3 minutes!
  • Day 5 - French fries at lunch. Dang it! But Grandpa took me out and how can I say no to my namesake??
  • Day 5 - a fast paced 20 minute walk through the neighborhood with Lady (my dog). I was up for longer, but she was pooped and ready to go home. Cute little chubby thing!
  • Day 6 - decided to sneak in a short, fast paced run. Ended up running a mile under 10 minutes. This is HUGE!!
  • Day 7 - ran just over 4 miles in about 44 minutes. My longest run in a month, and it felt really, really good!
For week 2 I am hoping to have less french fries. Ugh, they are my weakness.  I haven't had any candy or chocolate since I was in the 9th grade, but dang it, I cannot cut out my fries!
I ran a total of 10 miles in week one. I'm very happy with that, but I think I could squeeze in a couple more for week 2!

7 comments:

  1. You're doing great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome week, even though some french fries snuck in there (your kryptonite??). I love Day 5 - don't you hate it when you have great intentions for a brisk walk and the little 4-legged buddies just refuse to keep up? My Boston Terrier has decided he will simply NOT walk more than 10 minutes if the weather gets above 85! Bugger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!
    FFs are my weakness, too, so I can appreciate how hard this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many weaknesses. If French fries is it for you that is not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo... good job on the miles. Personally, I think you shouldn't decide to cut out fries if they are your weakness... just give yourself say one time a week you can have them. Once you use it up, no more for that week. If that's your only indulgence, I think you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on getting out there and getting some runs in! French fries... yum. I think I am at a world record having them only... 3 (??) days since the first week of June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your goals!! I love setting (and stikcing) to goals to...really keeps me motivated!

    Oh yeah, and I love french fries way too much too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº