Friday, August 27, 2010

Progress Report #15 - Back in Action

For Day 4 of the 100 Day Challenge, not only did I not even feel tempted to sneak in a French fry, but I also got out for a nice run.  It started out with just a plan to do 2 straight miles without stopping. I haven't done that in a long time because of the Meniere's and being so dizzy. Last night was different! I got out there, loosened up in the first 1/2 mile and then felt amazing! Oh it was just fabulous, I couldn't believe it!

I ended up venturing down from my neighborhood over to the river and our major park in town. The sun was starting to get lower so I turned around, went back home - running all the way up the long hill - and continued to weave through my neighborhood streets. Before I knew it I had totally passed the 2 mile mark. It was then that I decided I was going to run a full 5K and prove to myself that I can still at least do that. At 3.11 I hit the stop button on my Garmin and let out a mini squeal when I realized I was 3 minutes faster than my last race, and had just tied my racing PR from early May! 

I wasn't even trying to run fast. I was just out there doing the distance in whatever time it took. Actually, I felt like I was moving at a turtle's pace and even kept repeating to myself "wisely and slow, they stumble that run fast."  That's what I tell myself when I can tell I am wanting to push it faster but now I will just burn out in no time at all. Maybe next time I won't quote Shakespeare and I'll just push it!

AND - I got home to find my new Road ID (as so fashionably modeled in the photo on the right) in the mail. My mom teases me about having my own little dog tags now. I must say it did bring me a little piece of mind while I was out and about!

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!!! I love days where you are just on it, it feels so good. Great job.

    Love the Road ID, I always wear mine, just one less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great! yay for getting back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY for being able to get a run in!!! And yes, Road ID is a fantastic bling to wear on a run (especially with your dizzy spells). I have mine in yellow and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Sounds like you had a great first week, too! Thanks for popping by my blog and your comment. ;) If we can get 3 runs in per week I think we'll be feeling AWESOME come December.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!!! I love love love when a run turns out to be a great one like you had.

    Nice road ID...I really should get one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Isn't that the best when you are running and everything feels great, the mojo is flowing and you are kicking some big time butt:) Nice job on your 5K and unofficial PR:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº