Friday, August 20, 2010

A Little Bit o' This, A Little Bit o' That

  • Rumor has it Lady Gaga was in town 2 days ago. Her bus was parked at .... wait for it ....... yeah, it was parked at Wal-Mart. Supposedly she walked across the street to Red Robin for lunch. People were standing on cars and screaming and trying to chase the bus. I was un-phased.
  • I ran last night!! Sure, it was only 1.62 miles, but that is 1.62 more than I have done all week. I was feeling great for the first 9/10 of a mile. Then I started to swerve and get really dizzy. Unfortunately I had to cut it short and make my way home. It wasn't anything big, numbers wise, but it felt so good to at least get out and try!
  • I'm so over the Oregon chick - Gretchen - on Project Runway. Why is it that the one I'd feel like I'd want to root for, being an Oregonian as well, has to be the most annoying designer this season?
  • Allow me to hang my head in shame while I make this confession .... I absolutely love watching the Jersey Shore. I find that little Snookie girl absolutely hysterical.
  • This leads me to another mortifying confession. I feel if I tell the world, maybe I can accept it easier. Here it is: I'm thinking of buying a Bump-It. My Halloween costume this year is all complete except for some pink tights. I don't want to wear a wig since my hair is pretty much already what my character's hair is like. However, being that I'm not a cartoon, my hair can't possibly stay up and big - especially in Florida's humidity. And thus, I feel like that cheap little $5 Bump-It I saw might be the solution. I'm just too embarrassed to go buy it.
  • I am dying for Glee to be on again. I really miss it.
  • I'm watching season 4 of Dexter now. Oh. My. Gosh.  That's all I can say. I promised my friend I wouldn't say a word about it until she got caught up. But seriously - how amazing is that show??
  • Tomorrow I'll be sipping on some rum in the sun, out by the river. In a coconut bra.

7 comments:

  1. Defintitely get the bump it! If anyone looks at you funny just tell them it's for a costume. My friend bought and used one for a 50s themed party she had and she looked great in it!

    My capris are from Target and were about $20. Great deal! I tried looking online and they weren't listed. But they also have a gray pair with pink and they are on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you must be my long lost twin!! I love Glee!! And I'm also watching Dexter season 4! I'm in the middle of the second episode right now... Should finish first disc tonight. YAY YAY YAY on your run!!! (PS, buy the bump-it, I bet the costume is freakin' rad!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I love Gretchen's style but as a person I can't stand her. Also, I heart Glee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - you have all convinced me ... I'm buying the Bump-It! Maybe Snookie and I can have a poof off. I DO have a ton of hair. I could give her a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so out of it I don't know what a bump it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here ya go - apparently it has a website! Fancy pantsy!
    http://www.bighappiehair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - one of those girls on it looked like a little alien. Like the Coneheads from Saturday Night Live! .... taking notes now on what NOT to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº