Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Running Buddy?

I never thought this day would come. It looks like tonight, for the first time in my entire life, I'll be running with a friend! I got a message from a friend yesterday about it, so I invited him along - and tonight it will happen! I'm so nervous. What do I do? What do I say? What do I wear? How do I behave on a first double run? 

Yeah - I know me, I'll be in my stinky clothes as I wear them one more time as a test before Saturday's race.  (I WILL wash them before race day, I swear!) I'll have my lipstick on - as is always customary whenever going out in public. Now I just have to hope I don't pant too loudly or have any weird sort of body functioning issues. 

I started this race cute and fresh - by the end I was a panting mess!

I'm sure he's expecting me to be this hard core 8 minute mile runner. Ha! I'm so far from it. My head is totally in the game and I feel legit, but my speed is just not there yet. So this could be fun or totally mortifying. I've already sent the warning message that I'm going to be stinky before it is over. Oh no, I hope I don't burp. Something about a hard run always makes me feel like I have to burp. Is it just me?? Please say it isn't!!

This could be good. Maybe it will help me improve if we have runs together on a regular basis. I will worry too much about my ego and just force myself to start going faster and longer. I just might like this after all!

What about you? Do you run with a friend? Do you run with Man's best friend? Solo? Treadmill? 


6 comments:

  1. I run alone or with my son, so no real possibilities of getting faster when you're running with a 6 year old.
    Good luck on your run and burp away, I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I run together about 95% of the time. She is faster, but paces with me when we run outside.

    I love love LOVE the rainbow socks!! Are they "real" running socks???

    Thanks for following :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally wish they were really running socks!! That would be awesome - I should try to find some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I not start following the blog of a girl who wears rainbow socks? I wore rainbow suspenders in high school...a L O N G time ago. It was back in the MORK and MINDY days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Cant wait to hear how it went! You know when it comes to runs with others you all totally smell by the end, and everyones making some sort of noise, so in the end I think all the noises turn into music and all the sweaty McSweaterson's turn in to an aroma of roses? You will be having to much fun to notice!

    Awesome!!! I see your running the Disney P. 1/2! I just booked our hotel yesterday (a lil nuts and early I know) I am a planner what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for hotel booking!! I'll be booking mine any day - and I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº