Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Party for the Parrotheads

Now that I think about it, at my 2nd annual Jimmy Buffett party I was the ONLY Parrothead. How can that be? Either way we all had a great time! This year's party was smaller and low-key compared to last year, but very enjoyable. The weather was perfect, if not a touch too warm for a bit! Instead of writing about the party, I'll just share a few pictures instead.

*Disclaimer:  I encouraged guests to come in tropical attire since I was doing a test run of what I plan on wearing to the Jimmy Buffett concert later this year. I don't know that I'll be in a running top at his concert, but it is what I felt like wearing on Saturday!

My little Lady was an excellent hostess

My mommy enjoying mini-prime rib sandwiches

Ashley having a blast with her first pinata 


With my dear friend Kori


And Ashely (Kori's daughter) ... whom I shall now call Mini-Me


Ron and Ronda - i.e. Grandpa and his favorite grandchild!

Working on the final touches before guests arrive


Doing my best to incorporate nearly every prop I could find!


I love these glasses! Its nearly impossible to smile in them, but that's okay!


8 comments:

  1. Love the coconut bra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    I was shocked at how non-annoying the coconuts were. They did get hot in the sun though - which I learned the hard way when my arm touched it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great glasses- those are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those yellow and green glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Your party looked like a blast. I love the coconut bra. I need one of those....do they make them in DDs? LMAO. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome party and great blog! Somehow I never fail to miss all the great parties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I LOVE your costume and your cute little doggie hostess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº