Monday, August 23, 2010

Let's Get This Party Started!

Today I woke up feeling the best I have in nearly a month! And it is the perfect day to feel revitalized. Today starts the 100 Day Challenge over at Run, Courtney, Run! I am very excited to tackle my own set of goals during these next 100 days. So excited that I actually weighed myself. What?? I know, right?? As of right now I weigh X. Maybe at this time in 100 days I'll weigh X - Y!  I don't even have a weight goal set, I just want to improve my running and try to eat better in general. I figure with that will just naturally result in a loss of X.
  • Okay, so for today, as I said, I started out by weighing myself in the morning. I will NOT allow myself to do this every day because then I will get overly obsessed with it. 
  • I actually started keeping track of what I'm eating. I never do this, but figured it couldn't hurt. I know I'll feel guilty confessing to Pop-tarts, so this might motivate me to stay away!
  • Tonight I'm heading out for a run. I cannot wait!! This will hopefully be my best run since the last 5K race I sucked at. 
AND, in other news.... I booked my hotel (with my friend's Cast Member discount) for the Princess 1/2 Marathon. My mom and I are now ready for 7 nights at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort. We initially wanted the French Quarter, but apparently there weren't any more rooms available, at least at the 50% off cast member rate. I submitted my time off request after lunch, and now just have to find some good flights. Ah, my running feels like it is all starting to get back on track. Perhaps my new medication to help prevent the vertigo is working!!


9 comments:

  1. So glad you're excited about the challenge. It should be a lot of fun. And the Princess Half is awesome. :) A bloggy meet up is in the works before the race, you'll have to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! It is always cool to put actual names and faces to our on-line names and faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to weigh myself. I did put on jeans today and that had been awhile. Some fit, some don't! So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - I got these super cute new jeans earlier this year, right before I amped up the running. Imagine my surprise when I went to put them on this summer, and it seems my thigh muscles go too big for those jeans?? What??? I thought I was going to shrink, not gain too much muscle for my cute new never worn jeans. They are still in the drawer. I have faith eventually I'll shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting you booked your hotel!

    I don't weigh myself daily either...just once a week...every Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to do that half. But I always have something else scheduled then. Poo. You'll have to tell us all about it.

    I can't look at the scale that much either or I will b/c a maniac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I'm signed up for the Princess Half too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Princess half will be here before you know it!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº